Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

NGAWIRA, Ngawira  

RSS
jemw OWC
(@jemw-owc)

I am searching for any information regarding the Ngawira whanau. Hapotiki Hamua hapu, Taiporohenui Pariroa Marae, Ngati Ruanui iwi . Ngawira married/had children with Reuben Baldwin (my great grand parents). It is thought that they may have had eight children, some in no specific order are as follows; Reuben, George, Jack, Ruihi Lucy, Isabel, Te Amo Sadie married Darkie Robinson (my grandparents). Ngawira passed away at a young age and their children lived with relatives of the Baldwin and other unknown (to us) whanau. Ngawira's sister we think was Heretaniwha. Ngawira is buried at Taiporohenui Urupa. Any information concerning my tupuna would be greatly appreciated.Thank you jemw

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 December, 2007 2:14 am
tracyedwards
(@tracyedwards)

Kia ora,

Ohh my reply is like 9 years later! I hope you found information on Heretaniwha and Ngawira.  Heretaniwha is my great great grandmother, we do not have much information but I know that Heretaniwha was of Ngati Manuhiakai, went to live at Taiporohenui, her first husband was Muroa Panapa, they had a daughter Ani Hitapairu Edwards (nee Panapa?) Who had my grandfather. I didn't know if Heretaniwha had siblings or the names of her parents, you may be able to help us? Happy to be in contact, we know other whanau through Heretaniwha's second marriage who may be able to offer more information. My email address is tme77tme@gmail.com, nga mihi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 December, 2018 9:21 pm
Share: