Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

NIHETA  

Rkmissy OWC
(@rkmissy-owc)

MATENA

My Nana is Elizabeth Hinepare Broughton nee Niheta Her parents were Hikito and Kooti. Taumarunui. Ko Kouriki te marae. I am seeking whanau on Niheta side. With close connections to this marae or whanau . Her father is buried at Te Koura marae.

Edited by - Rkmissy on Mar 18 2005 06:37:34 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 March, 2005 8:12 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora RKmissy there seems to be a common tupuna for us, if I have the right Matena whanau, and that is Rangawhenua. Does the name sound familiar, as I too have have connections with both of the maraes that you mention plus one that is between both of them. I will await your response.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 March, 2005 8:25 pm
Rkmissy OWC
(@rkmissy-owc)

Kaitupeka or are you talking about Ongarue

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 March, 2005 9:05 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Yes Kaitupeka.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 March, 2005 9:06 pm
Rkmissy OWC
(@rkmissy-owc)

who do you know in relation to the

Matena whanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 March, 2005 9:41 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Wainui's whanau, Snow Pukawa's whanau, Te Uhanga Matena=Turu Te Arairiri Hori , Henare whanau from Te Koura, Wi whanau. Does that help you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 March, 2005 10:08 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Rangawhenua is my tupuna too, if your mum is a Matena then he is yours too. I have some whakapapa for him if you email me I maybe able to give a little help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 March, 2005 10:12 pm
smp43 OWC
(@smp43-owc)

Tena koe

My grandmother is Manaia Matena (her fathers name is Tawhaki and mother is Ina Burgess) she was taumau to Tukaha Takawe, they were married with much ritual and ceremony at Te Koura Marae, I too whakapapa to Hiakaitupeka and Te Koura but that is about all I know I too am looking for my whanau on that side, I would appreciate anything you could help me out with. Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2007 8:52 pm

Working

Please Login or Register