Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Ormsby  

RSS
Carleen OWC
(@carleen-owc)

I want to update my family tree...

I am the Grand Daughter of
Herena (Helen/Squid) Ormsby
DOB: 18-11-37
Nanny Helen is the Daughter of:
Willie Ormsby
and
Ngahine Ormsby

Born in Aria
Iwi: Maniapoto

Posted : 20 April, 2007 11:34 pm
lorraine
(@lorraine)

Hey is that the ormsby's from waharoa too, i was named after a lorraine ormsby a friend of my mum who disappeared years ago she was a fare lady i was told she went into the bushes and never came back so thats what i was told her stone is at our family grave in waharoa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 June, 2007 10:31 am
lorraine
(@lorraine)

Hey is that the ormsby's from waharoa too, i was named after a lorraine ormsby a friend of my mum who disappeared years ago she was a fare lady i was told she went into the bushes and never came back so thats what i was told her stone is at our family grave in waharoa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 June, 2007 10:33 am
spook OWC
(@spook-owc)

hi carleen
im MARTIN ORMSBY, eldest son of JAMES/JIM ORMSBY, which is one of auntys(HELEN) brothers.
if you still need assistance in your family tree, im sure i can help or deff put you on to some one that can..even give ya auntys phone no, in wellington.. just send me e-mail

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 August, 2007 7:43 am
andeejan OWC
(@andeejan-owc)

Kia ora
Try this website as this is a huge whanau originally from Pirongia in the Waikato in the 1800s and branching out from there to the East Coast,Tauranga and beyond.
www.ormsby.org

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 September, 2007 12:21 am
Carleen OWC
(@carleen-owc)

Thanks Andeejan, my nan passed away this October and I was given bits and pieces of information about the Ormsby Whanau now I'm looking for info on my great grandparents Wiari Piru Omipi (Ormsby) 1889-1973 and Ngahina Korotaika Paratene 1891-1968.

I see there are alot of Ormsby's out there!!
KIAORA WHANAU!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 December, 2007 1:12 pm
Share: