Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PAAMA/TUHAKARAINA, Hineuru  

RSS
TashEmery
(@tashemery)

Kia Ora Whanau,

This was my great grandmother, and I would love as much information about her as I can. I know she came from Matakana and married my great grandfather, then settled in Te Puna. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Naku noa
Natasha Emery (nee Sinclair)

Posted : 29 January, 2007 8:50 pm
one in a thou OWC
(@one-in-a-thou-owc)

Kia ora Natasha. Hineuru was the daughter of Tamahau Paamma & Te Hui Hui Paama nee Kuka. She is one of 15 children. And from her marriage to Te Kereihi Tuhakaraina, they had a large whanau themselves - 21 tamariki to be exact

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 January, 2007 12:51 am
TashEmery
(@tashemery)

Kia Ora,

Thankyou so much for that, my grandmother Teresa was one of her children, and my mother Hinemoa was her grand daughter.

If anyone has a copy of the last Kuka reunion book, and would be willing to let me purchase it, then please let me know asap. I have seen it, but was unable to copy it at the time.

Thanks again.

Naku noa
Natasha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 January, 2007 8:01 pm
one in a thou OWC
(@one-in-a-thou-owc)

Kia ora ano Natasha - I know Tauranga Library has exactly what you are looking for. Also another thing of interest for you, is a book called "Matakana Island" written by Heeni Murray as there's a photo within of your great grandparents. An I'm pretty sure this is also at Tauranga Library. Or if you want oral history your great grandmother has a sister whose still alive and resides on Matakana Island - Hinemotu Harawira - affectionately known as Nanny Shop an pretty close to 90. If ya want email me on ghfreighters@optusnet.com.au

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 January, 2007 9:21 pm
Share: