Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PAI,Jack  

RSS
jakz OWC
(@jakz-owc)

Kia Ora, Im any trying to find any information on my Grandfather,my mothers name is Mary(deceased) she married a Kuri(Joeseph also deceased)I know he was in Auckland,just trying to find out where he is actual from Might be from down south but again not to sure any help would be grateful.Cheers"

Posted : 01 June, 2005 11:37 pm
pearlau OWC
(@pearlau-owc)

Kia ora Jakz

Just to clarify
Are you able to give more details.

Are you looking for your grandfather on your mothers side or your fathers side?

If your fathers side! Was your grandfather's surname Kuri?
Do you know your grandfathers first name, or any other information?

What was your mothers maiden name?

Any details, even small, may give others some direction to go, and hopeful, be able to give you some info

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 June, 2005 1:40 am
jakz OWC
(@jakz-owc)

Kia Ora pearlau,to clarify its my mothers father she married a Kuri her maiden name was Pai,His name is Jack Pai thats about all I know. Thanks Cheers"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 June, 2005 9:52 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora Jakz is your mums dad Jacky Pai or Mita from Te Koura Taumarunui? If so he is still alive and lives at Te Koura.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 June, 2005 10:44 pm
jakz OWC
(@jakz-owc)

Kia Ora Y2ranga no thats not him Jack Pai died around the 60s. Just trying to find anything I can on him. Cheers"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 June, 2005 10:32 pm
Rereahu ahau OWC
(@rereahu-ahau-owc)

Tena Koe Jakz,

The Jack Pai that lives in Taumarunui was living in Auckland, he was a builder and he lived at Mangere Bridge his home was on Moutain Road Mangere, His brother died a few years back, his name was Hemi and a sister is still living there and her name is Molly. Jacy Pai is in his 70's if you look in the Telephone book You will find him there and can contact him and find out more.

You gotta ask yourself this Question, Is this Jack Pai related to the Jack Pai I am looking for?

At his age he must know something, and where did he get his name from? and where did the Pai family come from?

Need to know more, feel free to make contact?

Now there may be a connection

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 June, 2005 11:45 am
romi
 romi
(@romi)

Tena koe
E ai ki ooku rongo: Jack Pai was born in 1892. His full name was Tuwareware Hone Haki Pai. He was the son of Wihona Hapimana (1874-1943) and Te Aumihi Watene. Wihona in turn was the son of Rangira Hapimana (1845-1917) and Whatarangi Ngati. Rangira was the last in a family of 4 children to Pataka Te Wharepu (1811-1910)and his wife from Taranaki, Pereniki.
Kia ora
Romi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 June, 2005 11:52 am
jakz OWC
(@jakz-owc)

Kia ora Romi thank you very much for your help it is much apperciated,this will help me out alot. Cheers"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 June, 2005 10:13 pm
Pita OWC
(@pita-owc)

KIA ORA FROM BRISBANE TANGAROA TAKINUI TAKU INGOA MY GRANDMOTHER WAS A PAI,SISTER OF MARY AND IN-LAW OF JOE KURI HER NAME WAS MARTHA AND MARRIED DUNCAN DAVIS (RAWIRI).IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR INFO ON THE PAI WHANAU (JACK) THEY ALL STAY IN THE MANGERE BRIDGE AREA.SHOULD BE EASY TO FIND IN THE PHONE BOOK ,TRY LOOKING UP RON OR TOM PAI ,RONNY I KNOW HAS THE WHAKAPAPA ON THIS WHANAU AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS,I ALSO KNEW A JACK PAI (DUTCHY) IS THIS THE ONE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR.I WAS BOUGHT UP ON TAYLOR ROAD WITH HIM AND AUNTY'S MAXI & JOSIE .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 June, 2005 3:09 am
Pita OWC
(@pita-owc)

TANGA AGAIN CUZZ I KNEW AUNTY MARY HAD THREE KIDS WHICH ONE ARE YOU AND WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALEX , DANNY , FAY , ?????.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 June, 2005 3:16 am
Alandia OWC
(@alandia-owc)

Kia Ora, I was wondering what your name is as I am married to Karlos Kuri, son of Daniel Kuri who was the son of Joseph and Mary Kuri(maiden name Pai). I would be happy to share any information with you if you can explain to me how you are related? As far as my husband and I are aware his grandparents only had the 3 children Alex,Daniel and Fay.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2006 10:27 pm
Chaed OWC
(@chaed-owc)

Hi Jakz,

My grandmother was the sister to aunty Mary Kuri. Tell me who is your father, if aunty Mary is your mother? It was not uncle Joe. If you can answer that, then I will give you your grandfather's (my great-grandfather) whakapapa to his english side.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 January, 2006 7:33 pm
Share: