Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PAKI  

RSS
Parakao1 OWC
(@parakao1-owc)

I'm trying to find out some info about my great grandmothers Paki whanau from Takahiwai.

Posted : 24 March, 2006 3:34 pm
Horianaoz OWC
(@horianaoz-owc)

Kia ora i know some Paki's but i live in Australia and im too sure where they originated from but i will ask them if you like...?
Kia kaha, Horiana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2006 5:07 pm
Parakao1 OWC
(@parakao1-owc)

I dont suppose theyre from Takahiwai - Patuharakeke?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 April, 2006 1:40 pm
sista_brown OWC
(@sista_brown-owc)

I don't really know the Paki's, but I know of the Pitmans and Mackies from Takahiwai, Patuharakeke. They must be linked through the lines somewhere huh? I have a couple of friends from there that I can ask, if you like?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 April, 2006 7:36 pm
Lia Paki OWC
(@lia-paki-owc)

I am a Paki from Patuharakeke, Takahiwai. What was your grandmothers name, when did she live there, and whom were her children? Also yes, the Paki;s & Pitmans, are all related. Get back tyo me, and I;ll try and give you all the info I can.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 May, 2006 1:23 pm
Lia Paki OWC
(@lia-paki-owc)

I forgot to include my e-mail address, LiaRia@hotmail.com.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 May, 2006 2:55 pm
Lia Paki OWC
(@lia-paki-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora e te whanaunga,

Grandparents:
Rua Panui (f) - Patuharakeke, Te Uri o Hau
Nahi Hemi Nahi (m) - Ngati Terino, Te Uriroroi, Ngati Hine

Great grandparents:
Tariao Paki (f) - Patuharakeke
Te Ihi Panui (m) - Te Uri o Hau

I think my great grandmother would have been born in the mid-late 1800's because my nan was in her 60's when she passed away in '81. I know my nan was brought up down in Kaipara (her fathers whenua)

I've have been trying to find my nan's mothers whakapapa for a few years now. My mum has told me that we are whanau to the Pitmans and Mackies and a few of the other whanau out Takahiwai but I'd like to know how.

If you could help me out, I will be forever greatful.

Kia Ora;

Lets see what we can do, I have your Info and I will ask my Dad who holds all our Paki Whanau Whakapapa back in Whanagarei. I;ll post you as soon as I have something. Do yopu know also that we have a Marae Website for Takahiwai Marae? Lots of info and whanau updates, check it out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 May, 2006 2:55 pm
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

quote:

Kia Ora e te whanaunga,

Grandparents:
Rua Panui (f) - Patuharakeke, Te Uri o Hau
Nahi Hemi Nahi (m) - Ngati Terino, Te Uriroroi, Ngati Hine

Great grandparents:
Tariao Paki (f) - Patuharakeke
Te Ihi Panui (m) - Te Uri o Hau

I think my great grandmother would have been born in the mid-late 1800's because my nan was in her 60's when she passed away in '81. I know my nan was brought up down in Kaipara (her fathers whenua)

I've have been trying to find my nan's mothers whakapapa for a few years now. My mum has told me that we are whanau to the Pitmans and Mackies and a few of the other whanau out Takahiwai but I'd like to know how.

If you could help me out, I will be forever greatful.

Kia Ora;

Lets see what we can do, I have your Info and I will ask my Dad who holds all our Paki Whanau Whakapapa back in Whanagarei. I;ll post you as soon as I have something. Do yopu know also that we have a Marae Website for Takahiwai Marae? Lots of info and whanau updates, check it out.

Do you have connections to Pouaka Paki and Eru Paki. I have connections to Eru Paki through Pouaka Paki and Marara Paki.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2006 4:09 am
Brooke Paki OWC
(@brooke-paki-owc)

hi. i may not be much help because i dont know alot of my ancestry and i am only 19yrs old but i am a paki, and the names pouaka, eru and maraea sound very familiar to me-i am sure they are connected to me somewhere along the line. i also live in australia but many of my family are still in NZ. my grandparents are mere (nee kelly) and reihana paki and my parents are louise (nee alldred) and paul paki. if any of this info means anything to anyone i can find out more through my family. most have a better idea about family geneaology.

brookepaki@optusnet.com.au

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 March, 2007 10:12 pm
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

The Paki whanau that I am related to are from Huntly and I have the Paki whakapapa book of Pouaka Paki and his descendents. I am also related to the Paki's through the Randall, Honetana and Waikato whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2007 4:03 am
MBCarlyonHonetana OWC
(@mbcarlyonhonetana-owc)

Kia ora,
I have been taling to one of our Kuia who has said that the Paki's were originally Putaranui's and they changed their name when they came down this way but at Takahiwai they are buried under Putaranui. our Koroua Hare Puke's mum is Marara Putaranui on her birth certificate and head stone. They are currently trying to kawemate them back to Kahungunu lines soon, the discussions are in progress. Thought this might help Paki searchers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 March, 2007 10:09 am
Share: