Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

PANUI  

Maera Paki OWC
(@maera-paki-owc)

looking on behalf of a friend of any information about the Panui whanau from North Auckland. Fathers name Gabrielle(Gabe)Panui. Anything in regards to Tribe affiliations etc

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2005 2:38 am
pearlau OWC
(@pearlau-owc)

Kia ora Maera Paki

If you go to the below site, you find postings.replies from other people searching for connections with the Nahi / Panui / Karena families Kaipara Ngati Whatua -

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/7572/name14.txt

You will find this post, half down the page, otherwise you can do a ctrl F (hold down ctrl and hit F - type in Panui, and it will take you to the posting you need.

I hope you find something there as one starting point, there may be other members who can put you on other tracks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2005 3:11 am
mista OWC
(@mista-owc)

kia ora Maera, i am a Panui from Parakai currently living in Perth. I am the mokopuna of Hemi and Mere Panui (RIP) who lived in Kakanui. My tuahine now resides on the Whanau land and she has a wealth of knowledge of the whakapapa and other lines from our area that might be of interest to your friend. Email me back and good luck... che che!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 October, 2005 7:36 am
Parakao1 OWC
(@parakao1-owc)

Tena koe Maera.
I am a Panui-Nahi from Kaipara/Mangakahia. I saw your panui and knew I had to leave you something. I was brought up in Mangakahia-Taitokerau but I go down to Kaipara whenever I can.
Are you a Paki from Takahiwai? I posted a panui asking for any information on the Paki whanau from Takahiwai and so if you have korero or have any whanaunga that knew of my tupuna Tariao, I'd love to hear back from you.

Below I have added what little I do know about my Panui/Paki whakapapa.

My grandparents:
Rua Panui (f) - Te Uri o Hau/Patuharakeke
Nahi Hemi Nahi (m)- Ngati Terino/Ngati Hine

My great gradparents:
Tariao Paki (f) - Patuharakeke
Te Ihi Panui (m) - Te Uri o Hau.

Please keep in touch if you need anything else.

Edited by - Parakao1 on Apr 19 2006 2:07:03 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 April, 2006 2:04 pm

Working

Please Login or Register