Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PAORA/PAUL WHANAU: Matakana Island, Katikati  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS
kereni OWC
(@kereni-owc)

Tena Koutou

I am searching for PAORA/PAUL whanau related to my Mum, Betty Pikake MATTHEWS (nee WHAREKAWA) born Matakana Island.

Great Grandparents:
Paratoenga PAORA
Kahuraupo RAWIRI or MACDONALD

Grandparents:
Tawhia WHAREKAWA
Born: Matakana Island
Mamae Te Urumahora PAORA
Born: Katikati

Grandmother's brothers and sisters:

Rangihoia PAORA
Husband: Te Rata (Jock) TUIRA
Children: Marion Dawn TUIRA

Rawiri (Paul) PAORA
Wife: Pare RENITI
Children: Waihuia PAORA

Hone PAORA
No further details

Rorenga PAORA
Wife: Porite TE KAAHO
Children: Puha, Nancy, Eva, Whango, Charlie, George, Tame, Haino

Tame PAORA
No further details

Torea PAORA
Husband: Haki (Jack) RIKONA
Children: Peter, Bana Paul, Dolly, Helen, Kuia, Pote, Tom, Peter

Arohanui
Dawn Matthews

Posted : 09 July, 2005 1:32 pm
Leahw
(@leahw)

My father knows your whanau - his cousin is Bill Wharekawa. Bill is living in Bondi, Sydney. Would you like an address to make contact with Bill Wharekawa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 July, 2005 3:59 pm
kereni OWC
(@kereni-owc)

I'd love to have Bill's address. My Mum would be stoked.

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.

Ka kite ano
Dawn Matthews

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 July, 2005 4:01 am
Rima OWC
(@rima-owc)

Kia Ora
My name is Rima Wharekawa, my koro's name is Percy Wharekawa. I think you are my aunty, my mums name is Piki

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 November, 2005 1:21 pm
kereni OWC
(@kereni-owc)

Kia Ora Riam
Thank you for replying. I'm so grateful. Unfortunately I"m not familiar with your koro Percy or Mum Piki but I will pass your Dad and Mum's name on to my Mum. Are you able to go back a generation and tell me more about your koro's side, who your koro's father or ancestors are? Perhaps this information might be able to assist you. As mentioned in my email, my koro's name is Tawhia WHAREKAWA. My koro's father is Wharekawa TE MAIHI and my koro's mother is Pikake HIMI. Koro Tawhia's brothers are: Ngatitaha; Te Tarawa; Te Kira; Parekura and Manuera (Tommy). The reason for seeking this information is that my family have commenced a family tree database containing whakapapa my Dad (Stanford MATTHEWS) has gathered on some of the Wharekawa whanau but sadly we have a lot of information gaps especially in relation to Ngatitaha or Parekura WHAREKAWA's family. Thank you once again for replying. I look forward to hearing from you.

Ka kite ano
Dawn Matthews

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 November, 2005 12:50 pm
mamabear OWC
(@mamabear-owc)

KIA ORA KERENI
MY NAME IS JUNE OKA(NEE PAORA/PAUL).MY FATHERS NAME IS CHARLIE-SON OF RORENGA AND PORITE PAORA/PAUL AN MY MOTHERS NAME IS MOREHU MAUDINE NGAWHARE/RIRINUI.RORENGA AN PORITE ARE MY GRANDPARENTS.CAN YOU PLEASE ASK YOUR MOTHER IF SHE CAN TELL ME WHO IS THE OLDEST PAORA-BROTHERS AND SISTERS IF ITS POSSIBLE,BECAUSE I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW THE ANSWER.ALSO HAVE WE GOT A WHAKAPAPA FOR THE PAORA WHANAU AN WHERE CAN I GET ONE SENT TO ME THROUGH THE POST?.......

AROHANUI JUNE
KIA ORA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 November, 2005 7:32 pm
kereni OWC
(@kereni-owc)

Kia Ora June
Thank you for replying. I"m overawed. From memory your grandparents lived in Hamilton. I will email you personally in relation to your queries.

Ka kite ano
Dawn Matthews

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 November, 2005 10:32 pm
gary OWC
(@gary-owc)

kia ora ,my name is gary paul,i don't know if we are of the same whanau,but my dad was Robert stevenson paul(Aprihama)But he was born in Matauri Bay,I also remember being told that there was a change in the family name form Puhipi to paul,hope this may be of help to you.

ka kite ano

gary paul (Brissie Australia)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 November, 2005 7:06 am
mamabear OWC
(@mamabear-owc)

Tena Koe Kereni.....

I am glad to hear from you.An I am much appreciated of you sending that email back to me.
My late father CHARLIE passed away last year on 05/12/04 in Thames hospital here in the North Island.When my dad was alive he wanted to find all of his relations but didnt know where to find or turn too.He had always wanted to get a proper whakapapa of the PAORA/PAUL whanaungatanga. Dad has only 1 brother an sister alive an that is Tame an Nancy,they are both living in Auckland today.Well when you get this
I hope you email what you can.Two cousins of my aunty are going to organise a PAORA/PAUL reunion in Hamilton-Easter next year.An anyway,I didnt realise there was so many PAORA/PAUL whanau around.We didnt know our greatgrandparents names cos no one would give us any information.

Well I hope to hear from you very soon ok.
THANK YOU
KA KITE ANO
JUNE OKA

THIS IS MY ADDRESS AN NUMBERS:
JUNE OKA
14 OPATITO RD
L&P TOWN PAEROA 2951
HAURAKI
(07)862-9124 OR
02102228745 OR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2005 8:11 pm
mamabear OWC
(@mamabear-owc)

Tena Koe Kereni.....

I am glad to hear from you.An I am much appreciated of you sending that email back to me.
My late father CHARLIE passed away last year on 05/12/04 in Thames hospital here in the North Island.When my dad was alive he wanted to find all of his relations but didnt know where to find or turn too.He had always wanted to get a proper whakapapa of the PAORA/PAUL whanaungatanga. Dad has only 1 brother an sister alive an that is Tame an Nancy,they are both living in Auckland today.Well when you get this
I hope you email what you can.Two cousins of my aunty are going to organise a PAORA/PAUL reunion in Hamilton-Easter next year.An anyway,I didnt realise there was so many PAORA/PAUL whanau around.We didnt know our greatgrandparents names cos no one would give us any information.

Well I hope to hear from you very soon ok.
THANK YOU
KA KITE ANO
JUNE OKA

THIS IS MY ADDRESS AN NUMBERS:
JUNE OKA
14 OPATITO RD
L&P TOWN PAEROA 2951
HAURAKI
(07)862-9124 OR
02102228745 OR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2005 8:15 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

The Paul name is common in Ngaruawahia. Any relation at all?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 November, 2005 10:03 pm
Misti OWC
(@misti-owc)

Kia Ora Kereni,
My name is Misti, I was just wondering if you had any other information about my grandad Charlie, I too would love to have a copy of any photo's, birth cert or whakapapa that you or your mum has.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 December, 2005 7:55 pm
manu_tekowhai@hotmail.com OWC
(@manu_tekowhaihotmail-com-owc)

Tena Koutou Katoa,
I heard one of our Rangatahi[RIMA] asking for 'AWHI', because he did not know where his Koro was from,and it seems as though he was completely ignored. Is that what our TUPUNA would like to see?
Pikake[f] [1] was born in Taupo, and had a daughter who they named Pikake[2].Rima's mother was named after his kuia. His grand father's name was POHE WHAREKAWA.
na,
Manu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 December, 2005 11:58 pm
manu_tekowhai@hotmail.com OWC
(@manu_tekowhaihotmail-com-owc)

PRIVATE MESSAGE TO KERENI

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 December, 2005 12:23 am
kereni OWC
(@kereni-owc)

Thank you. I have emailed you personally.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 December, 2005 3:16 am
Page 1 / 3
Share: