Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

PAPA, Hoani and Meri: DENTON, Letitia:  

maorigirl1 OWC
(@maorigirl1-owc)

I am trying to find information about my ancestors my great grandmother was Letitia, she was raised by her grandparents hoani and meri papa they belong to the oturei marae in dargiville I think, she moved to live in gibson and married my great grandfather roy denton I also heard a story about her taking tobacco and food to an old man who was highly tapu his name was tawhai hika. there was also another reference name but i'm not sure what it is..Rahiri.

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 07 2005 10:31:18 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 September, 2004 3:06 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora maorigirl1

Would you be able to give us a bit more information? For example,

quote:

my great grandmother was Letitia, she was raised by her grandparents hoani and meri papa

so what was the maiden name of your great grandmother?
Do you know the maiden name of her grandmother?

These little bits of extra information if you know it, may help someone else to make the connection, or point you in the right direction!

Good Luck!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 October, 2004 2:39 pm
artecwoman OWC
(@artecwoman-owc)

Kia ora koe maorigirl1

no matter what keep on searching keep on asking and keep on looking
for your loved ones and I know that in the end you will find the
answers to all of your questions so you have made the first step and
thats the hardest step of all so carry on with your quest and like
me you will be well rewarded in the end.

Arohanui na Inu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 November, 2004 12:05 am
Lil OWC
(@lil-owc)

Kia ora maorigirl1
To get information you need to go back to Oturei Marae. Hoani Waata Papa was my ggrandfathers brother, his name was Te Waru Papa. They came from Utakura but Hoani mirgrated down to Ngati Whatu land (Oturei Marae) and he changed the Waata to Walters, there is also a photo of him in that Marae. You can contact the Kaumatua for that area, his name is Manuera Tohu, he is lovely man and thats how I got my information as I am trying to trace my tipuna as well.
I hope you find what you are looking for, so kia kaha cussie.

Arohanui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2005 5:49 am
seymour
(@seymour)

did you find all the info that you needed ?
Letitia was my husbands grandmother.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 August, 2007 10:01 pm

Working

Please Login or Register