Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

PARATA, whanau North Island  

miriama1 OWC
(@miriama1-owc)

LOOKING FOR PARATA WHANAU GREYTOWN WAIRARAPA

Edited by - pearlau on Mar 09 2005 2:35:01 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 February, 2005 1:07 pm
arohaa OWC
(@arohaa-owc)

HI Miriama
Thanks for your email...sorry it has taken me ages to get back to you...I checked thorugh the names I have and couldn't make a match...sorry..hopefully we'll both have some luck soon though
Aroha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 February, 2005 10:04 pm
ringo.deane OWC
(@ringo-deane-owc)

Get in touch with Hira, from Kaponga in Taranaki,
She'll put you right , I believe she's going under her name Hughs ,from her fathers side....
Her mother was a Parata from Waikanae..... Father was from Te Kopua King Country, She lives in Kaponga, Sth Taranaki.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 February, 2005 8:03 pm
Bill OWC
(@bill-owc)

If you go to the Conroy Coffey link and look at the Tangahoe Iwi whakapapa you will find some Parata`s there,also note that some change their whanau name to Luke,who lived in the Normanby,Waikanae,Waiwhetu area`s,a well known one in the Waiwhetu was Ritchie Luke who married one of Paddy Puketapu girls,I knew some Parata`s who lived in the Waikane area,but lost contact with them over the years,best of luck in your quest
Bill

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 April, 2005 7:37 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe miriama1,

If you make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club, click full search and put in Parata you will come up with a wide range of results for Parata.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 April, 2005 11:55 pm
Rakairoa_Grace1 OWC
(@rakairoa_grace1-owc)

kia ora bro my tupuna name Wi Parata is from te atiawa ki whakarongotai in waikanae, here some advice keep in touch , chur cuzz.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 June, 2005 6:18 pm
kazziematazzie OWC
(@kazziematazzie-owc)

Kia ora my name is Keita Wiparata, my Father is named Henare Kahi Wi parata and his father is named Hamiora Kahi Wi parata both are deceased, if anyone has any information on these two persons of any whakapapa connections please don't hesitate to contact me. As far as i know my father is from Tahekeroa Marae just through Kaikohe well hopefully that is enough information to receive some sort of contact.
Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2005 2:24 am
Roz OWC
(@roz-owc)

This is for Keita WiParata...my whanau is from the Tahekeroa Marae. My nana passed away not long ago and her tangi was at that Marae. Her cousins name is Henare WiParata...since my nanas tangi i have been doing research on the whanau so if you'd like i could ask around for you because im sure i could help. Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 July, 2005 11:17 am
mysty OWC
(@mysty-owc)

Tena Koe Kotiro
Ko Sheila Wi Parata toku ingoa, Ko Otepoti toku kainga noho inaianei. I maybe abit late for you cuzz but I'll give it ago. My Koro name was Harehone Wi Parata. He died 15yrs ago, my whanau toke him back home. Tahekeroa marae. Nga Puhi. He maybe whanau to your koro. My maa has our whakapapa so if you need information on the Wiparata whanau please reply me to my e-mail address. I hope I can be some tautoko awhi ki a koe kotiro. Me nga whanau katoa kua ngaro i roto i te ao nui nei!! (and to the others whanau who maybe lost) NGA PUHI! WI PARATA!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 December, 2006 2:23 pm
Te_wahine OWC
(@te_wahine-owc)

Tena Koutou Katoa, I am looking into Mere Parata, from Ngaiterangi, daughter of Hamuera Paki and Maria Faulkner/Maxwell. Sister to Hori Paki, any info would be appreciated, also seeking info on Hamuera and Hori, plus half brother Koperu Paki and Te Poka Paki, Kia ora Koutou

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2007 7:25 pm
Te_wahine OWC
(@te_wahine-owc)

TenaKoe again, just to add that Koperu Paki is my great grandfather, Hamuera is his Dad and Hori is his Half brother, Kia ora Koutou

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2007 7:59 pm

Working

Please Login or Register