Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Parkinson, Maureen looking for whanau Hohi (Mary) RANAPIA married Thomas PARKINSON Opotiki  

RSS
Maureen Parkinson OWC
(@maureen-parkinson-owc)

It seems Hohi (Mary) Ranapia married James Kelly of Opotiki
their daughter Mary Ann Kelly married Thomas Henry Parkinson on the
26 September 1903 at Opotiki together they had several children about which, one of their sons Hector Thomas Parkinson was my father.

Sadly my dad died 4 November 1966 before I really had a good chance
to learn all about my whanau.

Perhaps any one reading this might be able to assist me.

Maureen Parkinson

Posted : 09 September, 2006 8:25 pm
matatabornnbred
(@matatabornnbred)

Kia Ora Maureen,
I am currently at the beginnings of researching my maternal whakapapa. My mother is Freda Semmens(nee Hudson). Her father was Henry Hudson of Opape, Opotiki. His father was Joseph Rakena Hudson or Hatihana and mother was Rangi Te Haeata. Joseph's mother was Roka Manutaharoa or may have had other names and his father was European. I am trying to establish what the connection between the Hudson and Ranapia whanaus of Opape as we seem to be very closely related. I have personally have come across your kuia Hohi's name many a time as she seemed to be in all my Koro Joseph's land blocks. I also have further interest as my partner's grandmother was a Rangitaraiora Ranapia who married Ngahina Honana of Cape Runaway. I have been told that Rangitaraiora was of the same Ranapia whanau of Opape. I have planned to start looking through Maori Land Court archives but any information I can attain through this excellent site would be much appreciated.
Ka Kite.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2007 8:45 pm
diamond OWC
(@diamond-owc)

Kia ora Maureen,our Tipuna Roka was married to our Tipuna Matatui Mihaka before she married your Tipuna John Hudson(kei te pai)i also am doing research for myself,go to www.familysearch.org and put in surnames and you will get the same info i have.We still have our Aunty Alice who has got all this whakapapa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 January, 2007 10:05 am
krei90 OWC
(@krei90-owc)

Kia Ora Maureen,
My great grandfather was Fred Parkinson of Opotiki, I have to confirm but i think he is one of Thomas Henrys sons.
my Grandmother was Taupaki Kora, they had three children, one boy and two girls. Fred had another whanau with his 1st wife. They had i think eight children.
My Mother was given excerts from a book written about the Parkinsons of Opotiki, it tells how henry thomas immigated here and traces his whakapapa back into the early 16th centry.
If this might be of interest to you my email is krei90@hotmail.com. put "Parkinson" in the message box just in case it goes to my junk mail, i check it all the time.
ka kite Kiri

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 May, 2007 3:38 pm
Helebelles OWC
(@helebelles-owc)

Hello Maureen

My husband is Nick Parkinson. His father is Ivan Parkinson who is the last surviving child of Thomas Henry Parkinson. He is 92 years old and lives in a home in Palmerston North.
The other children of Thomas Henry Parkinson were
Rita Parkinson (Smith) born Jan 17th 1904
Hector Thomas Parkinson, your father born April 23rd 1906. Ivan refered to him as Hec.
Clarence James Parkinson, known as Toko, born Dec 12th 1908
Ronald Milton Parkinson, known as Mick, born Sept 3rd 1911 and was married to Mary. I have wedding photos of theirs.
Iris Mary Parkinson, born May 6th 1913. She was married and known as Jo Hurndell. She has two daughters Lenice, Maureen and a son Rod. Lenice lives in Tauranga and knows a lot of Parkinson history.
Ivan Parkinson, born Sep 26th 1915 and had two sons, Lynton and Nicholas. Lynton lives in Palmerston North and has 3 sons, Craig, Jamie and Stephen. Lynton has 10 grandchildren. Nick and I have 3 boys Jesse, Ezra and Marc. We live in Kaikoura.
Sylvia Parkinson, (Edgar) born Sep 10th 1917
Marcia Parkinson, (Wegman) born Oct 30th 1920. She lived all her married life in USA, Hawaii and then latterly in Florida. She died I think in 2006 with no children.

My name is Helen and I have recently just scanned a whole heap of old family photos some of which have Ivans siblings in them.

You would be my husbands first cousin. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 January, 2008 1:22 pm
Share: