Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Path to Unclaimed Maori Land monies  

RSS
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
(@iraboydhotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora whanau, ko Ira taku ingoa,
Here is the path to find the list of unclaimed maori land monies. Might take awhile if you haven't already downloaded it. There are about 120 pages of UNCLAIMED MAORI LAND MONIES and each page has at least 50 names and you also need Adobe/Acrobat Readers program to download the list.

www.tpk.govt.nz/about/structure/mto/unclaimed_list06.pdf

Once you have opened the unclaimed_list06.pdf file, go to EDIT (top left hand corner on the toolbar).
Click on EDIT then click on FIND(on this page).
A small box should appear.
Type in the name of the person you are searching for (and be as correct in the spelling as you can becos this is not a user friendly program).
If you want to search for another person press ctrl and home. This will take you back to the beginning of the file.
If you don't go back to the beginning of the program, the program will look at the names ahead and not the names above as well.
For example: If you are on page 62 and you are searching for surname 'Bennett' (which is near the beginning of the file), the program will say "Acrobate has finished searching the document and found no matches", that's why you need to go back to the top of the file each time you do a new search.
Please post me if you have problems.
Noho ora mai Whanau

Edited by - iraboyd@hotmail.com on Nov 28 2006 05:06:58 AM

Posted : 01 November, 2006 6:36 am
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena Koe iraboyd,

Thank you. This was one of the tasks I placed on the 'back burner', so thanks for the timely reminder. Not so sure that it's a good thing though, as I struck a problem - unable to open the file.

Maybe my pc security is making it's own arrangements aye Kare? Going back to check.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 November, 2006 8:47 am
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Oh!

Did you notice that our site doesn't operate its time keeping in Daylight saving mode?

Not sure how one deals to that though. Aah well, a perfect world only happens in the Maori world.

What's the bet I get crucified for that one!

Edited by - Retimana on Nov 01 2006 08:58:34 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 November, 2006 8:56 am
toosick OWC
(@toosick-owc)

Kia Ora Ira Boyd,
Thanks for your information on how to access the list. I scrolled through all the names and took a note of some of the family names that were familiar to me and where I live and will let the families know so they can take a look at the list themselves. You are to be commended for your willingness to share this information. Although my family names do not appear on the list, I can surely pass the information on to those families whose names do appear. Once again thank you! Toosick

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 November, 2006 11:36 am
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
Eminent Member

quote:

Tena Koe iraboyd,

Thank you. This was one of the tasks I placed on the 'back burner', so thanks for the timely reminder. Not so sure that it's a good thing though, as I struck a problem - unable to open the file.

Maybe my pc security is making it's own arrangements aye Kare? Going back to check.

Kia ora Ruth, did you manage to open the file?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 November, 2006 5:50 am
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Ira,

No! but have now updated the loaded Adobe and Acrobat Readers, so will have another go.

Thanx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 November, 2006 7:13 am
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Toosick,

TAUTOKO!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 November, 2006 7:17 am
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Aroha Mai Ira,

Sorting it! - more to due with the operator rather than the operation, I tink! PM received from JAX proved helpful.

Kia Ora Ano Korua.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 November, 2006 7:34 am
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia Ora Ira,

No! but have now updated the loaded Adobe and Acrobat Readers, so will have another go.

Thanx

Kia ora Ruth, enjoy your browse! When they start talking Adobe/Acrobat Readers, that's like the german language to me, sorry couldn't have been of more assistance. But you done it, pai mahi e hoa.
Ma te waa,
Ko Ira ahau

Edited by - iraboyd@hotmail.com on Nov 12 2006 09:27:19 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 November, 2006 9:25 am
Share: