Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PEARSON ( PIAHANA ), David and HEREWINI, Adelaide.  

RSS
mereanna OWC
(@mereanna-owc)

Kia Ora,

Looking for whanau of both surnames. Both are my grandparents on mums side. Nan is from Torere, Waiariki district and granddad is of Ngati Maru descent and from the Thames area. If anyone knows anything, I would love to hear from you.

Edited by - mereanna on May 11 2005 02:30:17 AM

Edited by - mereanna on May 15 2005 5:31:26 PM

Posted : 11 May, 2005 2:18 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora mereanna,

If you go to www.familysearch.org and put Herewini in the lastname, setting the country to New Zealand, you will find quite a few whanau there from Torere so you could start piecing things together. Likewise, you could try the same for the other surnames.

NOTE: not all information in the familysearch site is accurate but a good place to start

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2005 6:03 pm
ikaptm OWC
(@ikaptm-owc)

Kia ora

There are many whanau living in Tauranga (Ngati Ranginui & Ngai te Rangi)with the names Herewini, Pearson and Piahana.
Maybe this is your Waiariki connection.

Try Huria Marae where the Pearson / Piahana whanau are well known.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2005 11:32 pm
kelly kinita OWC
(@kelly-kinita-owc)

Tena koe mereana,

My kuia is Takiwa Piahana from Ngati Maru, Paeroa if this is the same whanau as your koroua my aunty may be able to help you.

Try melissa.temple@twor.ac.nz

Edited by - kelly kinita on May 20 2005 2:12:22 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 May, 2005 2:11 pm
Phebs OWC
(@phebs-owc)

Kia ora Kelly
Its auntie Phebs can u check auntie Messa's addy it keeps getting Pinged back.
I hope you find dad soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 May, 2005 7:54 pm
mellissa.temple@twor.ac.nz OWC
(@mellissa-templetwor-ac-nz-owc)

Kia Ora mereana I am a Piahana moko my mother was Takiwa Piahana my grandfather was Pāru or Tārā Piahana from Ngati Paoa/ Ngati Maru the pearsons from tauranga same whanau as us please contact me asap i have the whakapapa but will only give it out if genuine

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 May, 2005 1:40 pm
mereanna OWC
(@mereanna-owc)

Kia Ora
Thank you to everyone for their suggestions. What a big help.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 May, 2005 7:05 pm
Share: