Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PENE Whanau  

RSS
Tuatahi OWC
(@tuatahi-owc)

Kia ora e te iwi, tenei he uri whakaheke no Ngati Haua me Ngapuhi e whakaputa ana tenei karere mo koutou te motu, tena tutaki mai ki tenei o nga tamaiti e pirangi ki te kimi tona whanau whanui. People, people, and people this is an invite for the Pene whanau or who ever to come and chat to Tuatahi Pene and maybe exchange whakapapa and brainstorming where the PENE came from.

If u want more my email is:knightingale_pen@hotmail.com
Ka huri.

Posted : 29 May, 2005 8:54 pm
jomay3@hotmail.com OWC
(@jomay3hotmail-com-owc)

Kia Ora, My name is Anahera Maxwell, My mums name is Janet Te Urumahiaarangi Pene, and her Mums name is Margaret Pene(Married name), Te Kiri, is her maiden name. My Mums Dad is Joyal Pene. However my Uncle Kereama Pene, knows alot about the pene whakapapa, please ask me some questions and i will ask him for you. Ka kete.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 April, 2006 10:13 pm
mabelle dennison OWC
(@mabelle-dennison-owc)

Kia Ora, Ko Mabelle Dennison taku ingoa, My Mothers' sister is Maggie Pene (nee Hamiora)husband was John pene, they had a large family of 27! lived for many years in morrinsville, now in auckland,i te taha o te whaea,
Hapu-Ngati Hauaa,Marae-Rukumoana. I'd be happy to track down answers for you if i can
M Dennison

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 August, 2006 1:20 am
Meihana
(@meihana)

Kia Ora I'm hoping to find the family of Warren Pene i believe he was from Dannevirke and has two girls Tania and Marie and they both grow up in Wellington?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2006 10:49 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora pene whanau

I believe this kuia I knew maybe relative to pene whanau.
Once upon a time, I used to help this kuia Wahawaha Pene, husband died(not sure his name)was king koroki right hand for the kingitanga.
She used to live in a little old whare nearby waihi marae, huntly.
I had photo of her, wonderful memory of her. Her aged (I think) nearly 100 yrs old. Has passed down to one of her mokopuna eric pene of hamilton. I remembered she mentioned three of her children names 2 sons, Doug, bill and daughter te kiri.
Today, I don't know whereabout any her children!
Good luck!

Edited by - pono on Nov 18 2006 2:30:25 PM

Edited by - pono on Nov 18 2006 2:33:16 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 November, 2006 2:07 pm
The love princess OWC
(@the-love-princess-owc)

Kiaora Pono

The Kuia you talk about is my great grandmother her husbands name was william/wiremu Pene. Te kiri was was my nan any chance you still have the photo??? am still trying to find out about my nans brothers doug and bill if you have any other info that could help anyone out there can u please let me know

Kiaora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 June, 2007 7:27 pm
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

There are Pene's in Te Hapua and also Waenga (Pene's)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 June, 2007 12:40 am
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kiaora Pono

The Kuia you talk about is my great grandmother her husbands name was william/wiremu Pene. Te kiri was was my nan any chance you still have the photo??? am still trying to find out about my nans brothers doug and bill if you have any other info that could help anyone out there can u please let me know

Kiaora

kia ora love princess

Only photo of wahawaha I gave to eric pene.
Don't know where he at right now Last I heard lived at hamilton.
What was wahawaha maiden name?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 June, 2007 1:50 am
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

I am a Pene but my tūpuna's true name is Peneāmine from the sub-tribe Te Whatu-i-Āpiti in Ngāti Kahungunu. My koro Horima Haerehuka Peneāmine shortened the name to Pene.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 June, 2007 7:43 pm
Share: