Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PETLEY / Kingi  

RSS
cherylb OWC
(@cherylb-owc)

I am looking for whanau named Petley origionally from Tairua area, my ggg.grandfather married Mere Kingi from that area. They married in Auckland in 1858.Two of their sons,John Alexander Charles and Gladwyn Charles married sisters,Elizabeth Munro Douglas and Isabella Douglas.Both Petleys' are mentioned in the book "Tairua" by F.Bennett.
I have only found out in the last 3 years about my whakapapa and am looking for any marae that my whanau has a tie to.
I would be most grateful for any info.Thank you all.

Posted : 27 September, 2005 11:53 pm
DPetley OWC
(@dpetley-owc)

Cheryl Beattie:
I saw you September request for info on your ggg.grandparents, Mere Kingi and John Alexander Charles Petley. JAC was a Capt in the 58th Regiment. While I have limited info on Mere herself I have quite a bit on JAC, and on JAC and Mere's family and descendants. I also have info on JAC's family and ancestors. I'm replying from Canada. Contact me at <rpetley@jet2.net> and if I can help you I'll be glad to do so.
Regards
Dick Petley

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 December, 2005 2:58 pm
terehi OWC
(@terehi-owc)

Also, contact Doug PETLEY: 90 Tangitu Rd., Te Puna, Tauranga. Ph: 07 552 5117.

I gave him a Petley research / whakapapa about 3 years ago. It is the same PETLEY. My father, Cody TANGITU was his 1st cousin.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 December, 2006 3:22 pm
BenG OWC
(@beng-owc)

hi Cherylb my name is ben and i am the great grandson of Ida Prescott(Petley) who is the daughter of Gladwyn and Isabel Petley from Tairua. I am also currently reserching our whakapapa and am interested in where you got the info on the tribs as i was under the impresion that Mere Kingi was Ngati Hei but have also heard talk that she may have been Ngati Awa. My email is jennaben@xtra.co.nz i look forward to hear from you, thank's Ben

Edited by - BenG on Jan 08 2008 8:58:59 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 January, 2008 8:56 pm
Share: