Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PICKERING/EDMONDS/BECKHAM Looking for any info on the connections  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
kir OWC
(@kir-owc)

Kia Ora, My name is Kirstie-leah Pickering, Born and bred in Queensland, Australia.
My grandfather's name is Royal Pickering & my grandmother's name was Ina Myrtle Pickering (nee-Edmonds).

I am looking for any and all info regarding my whanau. I have met a few Pickering's but know nothing of the Edmonds side. I am also interested in finding the connections between the Pickering & the Edmonds or Beckham from Ngawha. Any info would be a great help.

Kia Ora

Posted : 11 August, 2005 1:07 am
lionel OWC
(@lionel-owc)

kia ora kirstie-leah my name is lionel Edmonds and my ancestors on the Edmonds side originate from Ngawha but the family are from kerikeri our origins come from swanage DORSET in England and also with our scottish heritage from edinburgh i hope this is of any help to you...........
thank you and take care.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 August, 2005 9:59 am
kir OWC
(@kir-owc)

Thanks Lionel, I knew about links to England, but had no idea about the scottish links. Will have to keep digging.

Kia Ora, Kir

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 August, 2005 1:22 am
lionel OWC
(@lionel-owc)

good luck and i hope you find what your looking for.... kia kaha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 August, 2005 2:57 pm
Ngahuia
(@ngahuia)

Kia ora Kirstie - hope this helps

John Edmonds (stonemason) landed NZ 7/2/1834
John Tucker Edmonds (son) born 17/7/1835
John's first wife - Kirimangu
John's second wife - Raiha Pekana
Arthur born 1880 was one of John's 16 children.
Arthur married Kura Kauwhata born 1899
Your GreatGrandmother Ina was one of Arthur and Kura's 11 children
This info is from the "John Edmonds a very suitable man" book printed for the 1985-86 Christmas/New Year reunion.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 September, 2005 10:12 pm
kerbab OWC
(@kerbab-owc)

Kirstie-leigh, John Edmonds is my 3rd gt grandfather. I have taken pictures of the house he built in Kerikeri - good luck with the rest of your search.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 September, 2005 9:07 pm
kir OWC
(@kir-owc)

Thanks alot guys, I have found some Beckhams here in Melbourne that are starting to fill in some gaps for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 September, 2005 2:55 pm
Avijon OWC
(@avijon-owc)

Kia ora

I have only just become a member of the Whakapapa Club and was wondering if you ever found the information about the links between the Edmonds and Beckham whanau from Ngawha. Your grandparents were my aunty and uncle, we use to call them Uncle Roy and Aunty Dibbo a very lovely couple whom I will always remember with fond and happy memories. I am trying to think which of their children is your mum/dad.

My parents were known to your aunties and uncles as Uncle Henry and Auntie Kare Edmonds (a first cousin to your grandmother) from Kaikohe.

I vaguely remember Jimmy, but for Amy, Katie, Ina and of course Hoey who always spent most of their holidays with us in Ngawha at our grandmother's) along with my sister Hera who was brought up by our grandmother.

Our grandmother (Arapera Kauwhata) also known as Aunty Bella to your grandparents was a sister to your great grandfather (Arthur Edmonds).

Yes Raiha Pekama (Beckham) was your great great great grandmother and my great grandmother. Although she was from Ngati Hine most of her children lived in Ngawha. Hence the family connection with the Beckham/Pekama whanau.

Should you need further info about the Pickering family too, just tinkle me and I will try to help as best as I can.

I do know that your grandfather is related to the Pickerings in Whirinaki, Hokianga, as I saw him there at a death not long before the death of your grandmother. This was some years ago now. I hope this has helped you in some way of reconnecting your links.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 April, 2006 12:32 am
makiff OWC
(@makiff-owc)

Hi there
I have out my database on

www.wc.rootsweb.com
database name = makiff

The info is accurate to the best of my knowledge.
There is an Ina Myrtle Edmonds there
ID: 256
Name: Ina Myrtle EDMONDS
Sex: F
Birth: 23 JAN 1931 in Ngawha
Death: 15 SEP 1989

Father: Arthur EDMONDS b: 18 MAR 1880 in Ngawha, Northland, NZ
Mother: Kura Wehi EDMONDS (KAUWHATA) b: 26 SEP 1899
My GGGG Grandfather was John Samuel Edmonds who came to NZ in about 1833

Good luck with your research
Amanda

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 May, 2006 5:14 pm
Arongo
(@arongo)

Tena koe kir, I have just recently moved to Bisbane, my mums a Edmonds, are you still on line?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 September, 2006 6:00 am
maori__pwincezz OWC
(@maori__pwincezz-owc)

Hello... My name is Josephine Wehi im 17 and living in motatau with my mum. Reading this i notice some of my family names come up... Wehi, Kauhata? My dads name is Derrick Wehi, his fathers name is Wynyard Wehi and my grandfathers parents names were Perepe and Alice Kauwhata.

Do i have any links here???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 September, 2006 7:04 pm
maori__pwincezz OWC
(@maori__pwincezz-owc)

sorry incorrect spelling... Kauhata should b 'Kauwhata'

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 September, 2006 7:06 pm
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Kia Ora Whanau,

Does anyone know how Anne marie Edmonds is related to them, she was 100 plus years old when she died.

We can't live on love and pipi's alone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 September, 2006 7:59 pm
mw@ecoshower.com.au OWC
(@mwecoshower-com-au-owc)

Check this site on edmonds http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/e/d/m/Bev-Edmonds-Manurewa/index.html#edit

Passcode for Bevs Whakapapa: takupapa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 July, 2007 10:04 pm
dilz270 OWC
(@dilz270-owc)

Kia Ora Kirstie-Leah, Amy is 1 of Royal's an Ina Myrtle daughters her number is New Zealand 092746987 an Mob: 0211613308. If Amy asks u hw u got her number, tell her that Dilly gave it to u. Kia Kaha an good luck..

quote:

Kia Ora, My name is Kirstie-leah Pickering, Born and bred in Queensland, Australia.
My grandfather's name is Royal Pickering & my grandmother's name was Ina Myrtle Pickering (nee-Edmonds).

I am looking for any and all info regarding my whanau. I have met a few Pickering's but know nothing of the Edmonds side. I am also interested in finding the connections between the Pickering & the Edmonds or Beckham from Ngawha. Any info would be a great help.

Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 July, 2007 1:08 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: