Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PICKERING/SLADE  

RSS
awhinatia
(@awhinatia)

Kia Ora Whanau, It has been a while since I last visited, and it is so awesome to see so many out there trying to make connections. I guess it is something that we should never have lost, but due to the changes in time these things happen. Anyway, I have just been going through the forum list and I am not even half way yet, but I have come across so many whanau connections that it is really awesome, and I too am still looking to fill the gaps. I am also trying to research my partners whanau, the King/Tauhinu-Soloman whanau from Taheke. On the Pickering side, my grandparents were Tau & Charlotte Pickering, lived in Rawene all there lives and worked at the Rawene hospital for years. My biological parents were Sam and Caroline Slade, then I was adopted by their brother and sister Piki and Letty Slade. (4 Slade brothers married 4 pickering sisters). I have 2 older sisters, Maria and Jane, an older brother Piki, and younger brothers William, Jack and Sharn. On the Slade side my grandfather's name was Hau Tereiti Slade and my grandmother was Mate-Huiruia Manukau from Arapaoa, Kaipara, my grandfather was a brother to the boxer Herbert Slade. I need to sign off now due to mahi, but I will be back again soon, and I look forward to reconnecting with as many whanau as I possibly can.
AROHANUI KIA KOUTOU KATOA. KIA KAHA KATOA.

Posted : 29 December, 2007 6:27 am
Share: