Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PIKARI(Pickering), COOK whanau  

RSS
crissy11 OWC
(@crissy11-owc)

Fathers name is John Hone PIKARI(Pickering), also known as uncle Tony to some from Bay of Islands, Kaikohe, we use to live in Auckland before coming to Australia, i know that the marae is Parawhenua, iwi is Nga Puhi.
My grandmothers side is COOK right back to Marcellas COOK, very little info on this all i know is that he is of American Indian background and possibly French, would appreciate it if anyone has any info at all on either the COOKS or the PIKARI(Pickering) whanau.

Posted : 26 October, 2005 4:31 am
Ngati Tu OWC
(@ngati-tu-owc)

Tena koe Crissy, my brother inlaw name is Lee Marcellus Cook, his father name was Ron Cook and they hail from Kerikeri and Rawhiti and yes they definitly have American Indian in ther line.

Can put you onto him and he has some whakapapa for there whanau. Heio ano noho ora mai. Eparaima Paratene.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 December, 2005 3:12 am
keyme OWC
(@keyme-owc)

tena koe Crissy wats ya relationship to shane pikari (Pikering) i am his older biological brother Aubs Muriwai, is ya mother Mary; if so ya dad is my mothers younger brother,
here is some of ya whakapapa
Hone Karahina (Wharenagahere)
Hone pikari Karahina i think is buried in Takou bay
Hone Pikari (Known as Jack Pikari) this is our grandfather, he is buried in Te Ahuahu this is where the marae Parawhenua stands
my mum is camilia Pikari

cooks line
the cooks we descend from are from Kaimaumau
Masalus kuku (known as Masalus Cook)
i think Brian Cook is the name of his son
then came Louisa Cook
then me mum and ya dad
all cheeers cuzzy keep intoch

John Pikari Known as uncle Tony

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 January, 2006 5:57 pm
keyme OWC
(@keyme-owc)

tena koe Crissy wats ya relationship to shane pikari (Pikering) i am his older biological brother Aubs Muriwai, is ya mother Mary; if so ya dad is my mothers younger brother,
here is some of ya whakapapa
Hone Karahina (Wharenagahere)
Hone pikari Karahina i think is buried in Takou bay
Hone Pikari (Known as Jack Pikari) this is our grandfather, he is buried in Te Ahuahu this is where the marae Parawhenua stands
my mum is camilia Pikari

cooks line
the cooks we descend from are from Kaimaumau
Marcellus kuku (known as Marcellus Cook)
i think Brian Cook is the name of his son
then came Louisa Cook
then me mum and ya dad
all cheeers cuzzy keep intoch

John Pikari Known as uncle Tony

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 January, 2006 5:59 pm
Uri Taniwha OWC
(@uri-taniwha-owc)

Kia Ora Crissy,

I remember from my childhood Moses and Charlotte Pickering ( Pikari) who lived alongside the rail tracks at Lake Omapere between Kaikohe and Okaihau. They tragically lost a young daughter. Their son Jeff lived in Auckland and moved back to Okaihau some years ago.

I believe that one of their marae apart from Parawhenua is Rawhitiroa, situated above the small settlement at Te Ahuahu.

I also remember an uncle "Hote" Cook who lived in Kerikeri who had North American Indian bloodlines.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 January, 2006 11:41 pm
Nga Hau e Wha OWC
(@nga-hau-e-wha-owc)

Marcellus Cook whanau is related via one of his 4 wives Tuhiata Paneere (Te Poroporo). One of her sisters Hana married into our line directly to Isaac Sylva (Mehaka Hiriwa) and another sister Maata married Paratene Hone Hinga.

Hello I have put in the name Paratene and Broughton in maori.org and it has come up with a posting you made.

My Great Grandmother is Roka Hone Hinga and her brother is Paratene Hone Hinga.

I have seen the name Paratene being searched in the forums but could not make a connection until a relative said today the name Paratene is in our family as a first name because in the past this was the way names were passed down by Maori from each generation.

The father of
Paratene Hone Hinga
was
Hone Tiwhi Paratene
who married
Akiniki Waata Mohi.

Akinihi's parents were

Waata Mohi
Roka Karaparapa

My Gt Grandmonther Roka Hone Hinga married Heteraka Henare and finally settled at Unahi Rd, Waimononi, where she passed away in 1959.

Paratene Hone Hinga married Maata Paneere and also lived at Unahi Rd with their family.

I have been told the family have ties at Ahipara, Oturu, Waimononi and Pakohou. If you can link us to your Paratene line that would be great. Awaiting you reply with anticiaption.

~ I am but a babe still drinking milk. Tell me when will I know to stand as a kauri? ~

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 July, 2006 1:13 am
Share: