Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Pita/Te Haara/Peters  

RSS
j_netana@yahoo.co.nz OWC
(@j_netanayahoo-co-nz-owc)

Kia ora
My name is June Nathan (nee Peters)and I'm trying to trace the Whanau of Pita Te Haara & Rihi Borrowdale/Murray, who lived in Takahue, Kaitaia. My grandfather Reihana Pita Te Haara is just 1 of 10 siblings.My father Nopera Pita was one of many children brought up by Kane & Moka Murray in Takahue. Over the years our surname has changed from Te Haara to Pita then Peters, the reason for this is not known, but you can imagine what I'm up against.
Other Whanau members were:
Kataraine, Akinihi, Tia, Wi, Ngawini, Mohi, Hermaia, Rutaina and Kane.
My aim in finding Whanau is to meet whanau in person and to complete my whakapapa.
If any Whanau members read this or if anyone knows of them, please get in touch with me
Thank You
June

Edited by - j_netana@yahoo.co.nz on Sep 28 2005 4:17:00 PM

Posted : 28 September, 2005 4:13 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

The Murray whanau would be from Whangapae ki Hokianga, and the Te Haara whanau from Ngawha near Kaikohe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 September, 2005 9:30 pm
sonujewels2003 OWC
(@sonujewels2003-owc)

Kia ora June,

I am the fourth generation of Te Haara PETERS and Rihi MURRAY, my grandfathers mother is Ruhaina PETERS who married Wiremu Naihi KING. My grandfather is Tana KING who married Apikera WAAKA.My parents are Douglas and Betty King and my name is Juliet Singh (nee KING).I hope that this helps with your links.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 June, 2006 9:48 pm
varn OWC
(@varn-owc)

Tena Koe June,
What would the connection between us be? My great great grandmother was Kataraina Pita of Takahue who married Samuel Yates, They had my great grandmother Martha who married Frank Morey. One of my questions was what is the connection between the Pita and the Murray whanau, did they just marry into each other, before I started researching this line my father seemed to think that Martha's mother was a Murray but I have yet to find the name Murray in our whakapapa. If you know the connection would you be able to tell me who the parents of Katarina Pita was? looking forward to hearing from you,
Varnya

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 July, 2006 11:16 pm
jnathan
(@jnathan)

Thank you all for the wonderful response. I apologise for the delay in answering your emails.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 August, 2006 8:07 pm
flying wahine OWC
(@flying-wahine-owc)

quote:

Kia ora
My name is June Nathan (nee Peters)and I'm trying to trace the Whanau of Pita Te Haara & Rihi Borrowdale/Murray, who lived in Takahue, Kaitaia. My grandfather Reihana Pita Te Haara is just 1 of 10 siblings.My father Nopera Pita was one of many children brought up by Kane & Moka Murray in Takahue. Over the years our surname has changed from Te Haara to Pita then Peters, the reason for this is not known, but you can imagine what I'm up against.
My aim in finding Whanau is to meet whanau in person and to complete my whakapapa.
If any Whanau members read this or if anyone knows of them, please get in touch with me
Thank You
June

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 November, 2006 9:59 pm
flying wahine OWC
(@flying-wahine-owc)

quote:

Kia ora

Kia ora June
My grandmother was Ngawini Pita who married Captain John Harrison from Dargaville. I have very close links with the Murray whanau of Takahue and I remember Uncle Moka and Aunty Kane very well. We spent a lot of time at the homestead in Takahue. I have misplaced the Murray whakapapa book at the moment but you may contact me by email and yes Uncle Moka and Aunty Kane were cousins. I don't know a lot about the Peter whanau but there is a lot of the same whanau buried in Moerewa cemetary, but I do know a lot about the Murray whanau. Your tupuna Rihi Peters (the mother of those siblings you mention) is buried in Takahue, Heio ano ka nui aku korero mo tenei wa. My name is also Ngawini so you can contact me through my daughters email: donnamuru@xtra.co.nz
Thank You
June

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 November, 2006 10:05 pm
esrayrakete OWC
(@esrayrakete-owc)

I have a patai and it is this: How did the Borrowdale whanau name come into the Murray whanau. Was her last name Borrowdale or Murray? I too would like to know, because my g-grandmother was Nanny Ruhaina and her mother Rihi as well. Thank you very much (yes, sonujewels2003 is my sister, kia ora sissy!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 April, 2007 5:08 pm
one in a thou OWC
(@one-in-a-thou-owc)

Kia ora esrayrakete - in relation to your patai "How did the Borrowdale whanau name come into the Murray whanau". Back in 1837 Alfred John Borrowdale of Scottish descent travelled to NZ and took on his mothers' maiden name "Murray" hence the beginning of the Borrowdale-Murray dynasty. Alfred John Borrowdale Murray went on to marry Kataraina Hone Te Koni and from this union there were 13 tamariki

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2007 3:07 am
ryna1906 OWC
(@ryna1906-owc)

Kia ora June,
My name is Kataraina Davis, my grandfather is Rakau mohi Pita of Peria, he died 15 years ago. I was looking for some information regarding him and his whanau. Maybe I could could be of some help to you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2007 10:51 am
beracahdesigns OWC
(@beracahdesigns-owc)

Kia ora
My name is Angela Miles (nee Harrison), my Great Grandfather was Capt John Harrison and Great Grandmother was Ngawini Pita. My Dad (Syd Harrison, Grandson of Capt John Harrison) still remains in Kaitaia and would be happy to answer any questions regarding this whakapapa to the best of his knowledge. You can reply via my email. Blessings Ang Miles (Harrison)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 June, 2007 11:28 pm
otiriachic OWC
(@otiriachic-owc)

quote:

Kia ora June,
My name is Kataraina Davis, my grandfather is Rakau mohi Pita of Peria, he died 15 years ago. I was looking for some information regarding him and his whanau. Maybe I could could be of some help to you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 November, 2007 8:43 pm
Share: