Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PITMAN,Tom  

RSS
tommy43 OWC
(@tommy43-owc)

kia ora

Looking for any Pitman whanau up north around Whangarei way
Dads name is Tom Pitman
Give us a hoi cause I'm trying to find family on his side

cheers

Posted : 16 January, 2006 3:10 am
material OWC
(@material-owc)

hi
you could probably try the Pitmans of Bridge Pa or Waimarama areas of Hawkes Bay.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2006 11:23 am
smurf72 OWC
(@smurf72-owc)

I know of a Effie Pene (formerly Pitman) who originates from Tautoro way. She also has a sister Katie currently living in Dargaville. I'm pretty sure they are from up there

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 January, 2006 12:11 pm
ktjp OWC
(@ktjp-owc)

This is my first post so a very warm Kia ora to everyone! This is a very cool and informative web site that I hope is going to help me on my search to discover more about my maoritanga, whakapapa, and Maori heritage as well as try to learn the maori Reo too. So in between helping my wife raise our 15 month old son Cai (welsh spelling) and my newborn son Rhydian (born 2 weeks ago) I have decided that 2006 will be the year that I search for a spiritual awakening!

Kia Ora Tommy43
My name is Kharl Tiakiwai James Pitman I was born in the UK and currently live in Wales. My father is Tiakiwai Pitman known as 'Boy' or 'Jack'. He ended up in the UK approx 33 years ago and married my mother who is English. I believe my dad’s father also had the same first name Tiakiwai too. My dad was born in Wairoa near Hawks Bay. He has a brother and sister who are living in aussie at the moment, Steven and Rangi. Pitman. Who knows we may well be related! If I can be of any further help let me know.

Kind Regards

Kharl

Edited by - ktjp on Jan 02 2007 08:46:35 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 January, 2006 2:09 pm
kar OWC
(@kar-owc)

hello im married 2 someone who is a 1st cousin to the pitmans in whg who r u looking 4 in particular

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 January, 2006 2:24 pm
walkereketone OWC
(@walkereketone-owc)

Hi, I have four of my sisters chidren living with me, there surname is PITMAN, All I know is that there fathers name is Joseph William Pitman he has one siter Jani or Jane, they live in Hastings, there dads name is Dell and he lives in Brisban, he had one brother who has passed,(can't remember his name)who lived in the Waikato, Hamilton / Raglan area, theri mums name is Jane nee Mangu(hope I spelled it right) who married the Pitman(sorrie I dont know his name,I think it might be William)then married a Joeseph Woodford, She lives in Pahiatua,Wairarapa. hope it helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2006 2:32 pm
walkereketone OWC
(@walkereketone-owc)

Hi, I have four of my sisters chidren living with me, there surname is PITMAN, All I know is that there fathers name is Joseph William Pitman he has one siter Jani or Jane, they live in Hastings, there dads name is Dell(Henare) and he lives in Brisban, he had one brother who has passed,(can't remember his name)who lived in the Waikato, Hamilton / Raglan area, theri mums name is Jane nee Mangu(hope I spelled it right) who married the Pitman(sorrie I dont know his name,I think it might be William)then married a Joeseph Woodford, She lives in Pahiatua,Wairarapa. hope it helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2006 2:40 pm
seadog OWC
(@seadog-owc)

Kia ora my name is Josi Pitman from Whangarei. Is your mothers name June? My father was Edward Pitman, known as Ted and he has a brother Tom who married June Rapana (I think). His brother Tom lives in Rotorua if it's the same one kia ora cousin.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 March, 2006 8:22 pm
julz26 OWC
(@julz26-owc)

hi tom this is tui sinclair nee pitman i see my sister josie has been to this site. i believe u would be our first cousin cos we had an uncle tom and aunty june if they r yr parents. our father ted pitman passed away in 2003 or 2002. he came from a family of 17 so we did not get to meet most of his family.my sister is doing our family whakapapa at the moment. keep in touch

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 March, 2006 8:01 pm
Te Rapu OWC
(@te-rapu-owc)

Kia ora Tom, you are my 1st cousin, my dad Bill, is one of your Dad's older brothers. My eldest brothers name is Tom as well. I've only seen your Dad Twice in my life, once at our grandmothers tangi in '74 & met your mum as well & again when he came north a few years ago. Have you a brother William whose son married a girl from gisborne in Oz last year? I was in Rotorua in Dec/06 & asked at the RSA for your dad but they said he hadn't been there for awhile. you know there were 18 brothers/sisters in the whanau aye, not all of them had children but there is still a heap of us, so keep watching this space. By the way I'm Naphelia or Bub, how old is your Dad? our Uncle George (Bunny) will be 99 next week, Dad will be 88 in a couple of weeks, then your Dad must be near to 80 & Uncle Haora (Bub) is 75ish. Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 April, 2006 3:54 pm
jevont OWC
(@jevont-owc)

Cool, just found this site while doing a bit of research about my Pitman Whanau. My mum is a Pitman from Whangarei also. Her name is Sharon Pitman, sister of Marilyn, Jackie, Gary and Winnie. Her Dad is Harry Pitman who married Patsy Luke. I know a whole heap of Pitmans up here in Whangarei and we all call each other 'cuz' but don't know how we all are related. It would be cool if someone could explain it to me if they know anyone I've listed above. 🙂

Chur!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2006 8:44 am
Te Rapu OWC
(@te-rapu-owc)

Kia ora jevont, I know your grandfather Harry well, as do I your aunties Marilyn, Jackie & Winnie. I met up with your mum again after several years this year with your Aunty Moana Tane, I don't know Gary very well. Your great- grandfather & my Grandfather were cousins. My grandfather Tom (Tame)Pitman hailed from Takahiwai although settled at Tamaterau. Naphelia is my name

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 December, 2006 8:19 am
Share: