Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

POA, George  

RSS
tarn OWC
(@tarn-owc)

Can anyone help me trace my grandfathers whakapapa. I do not know anything of where he orginates and there are alot of confilicting stories that have been told to me in regards to his whanau and I am really confused and lost. All I know is that his wifes' name (my grandmother) was MEREANA TAITIMU. They used to reside in Manurewa at Mcannelly St down the road from the Bellbird. I am unsure as to where they used to live up north prior to this but any information about my grandfather would be greatly appreciated. It is not easy going through life not knowing your roots or that of your whanau.

Posted : 12 June, 2005 2:19 pm
Rakairoa_Grace1 OWC
(@rakairoa_grace1-owc)

im a george from up north

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 June, 2005 1:06 pm
tarn OWC
(@tarn-owc)

quote:

im a george from up north

my grandfathers name was GEORGE POA, sorry I put his surname first and his christian name last.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 June, 2005 2:15 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe tarn,

If you make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club then put POA in the search box (top right hand corner) you will find some whanau with the Poa surname. Maybe they would be able to awhi you

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 July, 2005 6:40 pm
winnie field OWC
(@winnie-field-owc)

KIA ORA TARN.I LIVED ALL MY LIFE IN MANUREWA,ON THE CORNER OF ALFRISTON AND FLEMING ST,AROUND THE CORNER FROM THE BELLBIRD.MERE USED TO PLAY THE PIANO AT THE BELLBIRD.IAM NOT TOO SURE HOW MANY CHILDREN THEY HAD BUT I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH CHRISTINE WHO WOULD BE 48,LESLEY MALE AROUND 45,GEORGE ABOUT 54,THERE IS ANOTHER SISTER MARGARET ABOUT 50.CHRISTINE AND MARGARET ARE STILL IN THE MANUKAU AREA,WILL TRY AND LOCATE THEM FOR YOU. WINNIE FIELD (NEE:PIA)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 November, 2005 1:27 pm
jennalewis OWC
(@jennalewis-owc)

my name is jenna poa my fathers name is george poa who is 54 55 not sure thogh if it would be the same one im in the same situation as you at the moment trying to find who my family are

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 November, 2005 11:06 pm
P.Taitimu OWC
(@p-taitimu-owc)

Kia ora.My name is Pirini Taitimu I am MEREANAS NEPHEW.I will get as much as I can on Hori but I need to authenticat as much as possible before posting it.WILL COME BACK.KIA ORA.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 February, 2008 8:06 pm
Share: