Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

POHARAMA Whanau: From North  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

This panui is a continuation of one that was started [url="http://www.maori.org.nz/papa_panui/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=96&FORUM_ID=4&CAT_ID=5&Forum_Title=Whanau+%28Family%29+Reunions&Topic_Title=Whanau+Reunion%2C+Kaikoura+2005&whichpage=1&tmp=1#pid183"]here[/url] as the kaupapa for that one is a whanau reunion in Kaikoura and I did not want to sidetrack that one

Kia ora adkel_nzsth for your fast response. I have had a look at that url you gave and will now take a closer look at the Poharama lines that I have.

My great grandmother is Ruiha Poharama (d 1908) and her brothers were Henare (d 1928), Meri (or Mere) (d 1908) Reihana and Raharuhi (d 1898) so I think that the people that you have will be either the children or grandchildren of the ones I have if they are related.

Somewhere in the whakapapa records that I hold will probably be the lines coming down so I see what I can find. I have not really worked with the Poharama lines as my great grandmother married my great grandfather and those are the full lines we have.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

Posted : 02 November, 2004 11:28 am
witaka OWC
(@witaka-owc)

Kia ora my name is Willie Poharama but known to the whanau as Witaka.I've just started a search on our whakapapa I'm a 3rd generation,My grandfathers name is Henare he married Ani [nee] Pikaahu,His brother was Tom. But where they came from?who knows

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 March, 2005 6:51 pm
ngarutoa OWC
(@ngarutoa-owc)

churr, im very interested in the things uz are all looking in to as I to am a Poharama.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2005 2:53 pm
ngarutoa OWC
(@ngarutoa-owc)

yeahh, ive heard therez Poharama down tha line, Poutoko just a quick question. how did uz end up down there in tha south? why did your falaz tupuna move down thoze ways??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2005 2:57 pm
ngarutoa OWC
(@ngarutoa-owc)

im very interested as i too have a great passion and fasination with whakapapa, even the one you posted at the top of the forum, as i too can whakapapa to those tupuna

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2005 2:59 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe ngarutoa,

I am asuming that Poutoko is actually me - poutokomanawa

We think from looking around that there are either 2 Pohamrama whanau, one down in the south island and one up north or one whanau but we have not been able to find the connections yet.

Who do you come down in the names in the top post?

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2005 4:44 pm
ngarutoa OWC
(@ngarutoa-owc)

churr....my mother told me of the story of how 1 poharama Brother was sent south.... im pretty shur use are tha decendents...in your whakapapa can u got back to Tame? or Ngareta (rita) or Tamati? i guess for myself i dont wana put to much whakapapa on the net, for the simple reson it is somthing that i believe shouldent be descused like this but, he he he im intreaged....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 May, 2005 4:02 pm
ngarutoa OWC
(@ngarutoa-owc)

and for me the ultimate question, can you whakapapa to Wiremu Pikahu?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 May, 2005 4:04 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ano ngarutoa

I have sent you a pm

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 May, 2005 4:52 pm
Grafik
(@grafik)

Kia ora my greatgrandmother was Kairarunga Pepene Tiwini Poharama descendant from Pepene Tiwini Poharama aparently from Ngati Maniapoto - just thought I'd add that as I have it on my whakapapa papers 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 June, 2005 7:31 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Grafik,

Now that raises possibilites Have you heard any korero about an uncle of a brother of your great grandmother who left and moved north as that could be what happened!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 July, 2005 6:22 pm
Mata OWC
(@mata-owc)

Kia Ora, Pepene Tiwini Poharama is from Ngati Maniapoto, and had no brother (well none that we know of) He did have a sister. He went down to the South Island and married a Kati Mahaki woman named Rora and had only one child - Makareta.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 July, 2005 10:30 pm
adkel_nzsth OWC
(@adkel_nzsth-owc)

Hi everyone
its been ages since i have done anything on my whakapapa but i decided that i need to get my act together and do some more, i am also related to the Poharama family my great grandfather was Winiata Poharama, aka Wincey Poharama, he married Karo Ropata. my birth father still lives in Kaikoura, and was sad i missed the reunion, did anyone go.
would love to talk to ppl with the same links.

adrienne

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 August, 2005 5:13 pm
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

Pepene md Rora Te Naihi, descendants are the Hemi whanau. Gt grandaughter of Makareta lives in Porirua

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 October, 2005 11:05 pm
mindora OWC
(@mindora-owc)

quote:

This panui is a continuation of one that was started [url="http://www.maori.org.nz/papa_panui/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=96&FORUM_ID=4&CAT_ID=5&Forum_Title=Whanau+%28Family%29+Reunions&Topic_Title=Whanau+Reunion%2C+Kaikoura+2005&whichpage=1&tmp=1#pid183"]here[/url] as the kaupapa for that one is a whanau reunion in Kaikoura and I did not want to sidetrack that one

Kia ora adkel_nzsth for your fast response. I have had a look at that url you gave and will now take a closer look at the Poharama lines that I have.

My great grandmother is Ruiha Poharama (d 1908) and her brothers were Henare (d 1928), Meri (or Mere) (d 1908) Reihana and Raharuhi (d 1898) so I think that the people that you have will be either the children or grandchildren of the ones I have if they are related.

Somewhere in the whakapapa records that I hold will probably be the lines coming down so I see what I can find. I have not really worked with the Poharama lines as my great grandmother married my great grandfather and those are the full lines we have.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 April, 2006 5:25 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: