Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

POHOIWI ,EREATARA  

RSS
tinamsolo OWC
(@tinamsolo-owc)

Hi
I hoping someone might be able to help me with my whakapapa Im
trying to find my grandmothers side of the family her name was Lovie her fathers name was Puriri Ereatara from Ruatoki and her mother was a TeRira Beattie from Wairoa.
Im also trying to find my grandfathers side his name was Manawanui
Pohoiwi,they had six children,I know all of them ,his fathers was Erueti Pohoiwi from Tikitiki and his nothers name was Matakino Ngere Ngere the had 16 children altogether only 4 or 5 survived could someone be of assistance I've looked on all the websites available and can't find anything more then what I've written here.

Posted : 27 November, 2006 2:13 pm
Nature OWC
(@nature-owc)

Kia Ora,
I am not a Pohoiwi but i know of some from TikiTiki and a handful of them are still there. Maybe they can help you. sorry no phone numbers for them but if you give the Tikitiki RSA a call they might be able to help you find any Pohoiwi. i beleive one works in the building next to the RSA and her name is Daphine Pohoiwi. Sorry i dont know any phone numbers. Good luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 March, 2007 6:54 pm
marankin OWC
(@marankin-owc)

Kia Ora tinamsolo,
I knew your grandparents and their children, as they lived across the road from us in Gisborne. Lost contact with Teresa. If you know her whereabouts, could you get her to email me at brankin@slingshot.co.nz. Would love to hear from her...its been years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 March, 2007 7:10 am
tinamsolo OWC
(@tinamsolo-owc)

kia ora marankin
Yes i have an Auntie Teresa and a cousin Teresa who is Te Aroha's (Roha's) daughter which one would you like to email.

Edited by - tinamsolo on Mar 16 2007 1:03:43 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 March, 2007 1:02 pm
marankin OWC
(@marankin-owc)

Kia ora Tinamsolo,
It would be your Aunty Teresa. Last I heard from her was when she rang me from Sydney. Is Roha still living at the old house in Ranfurly Road there? Who do you belong to? Last one of the family that I ran into was Tui when he was living in/around Matamata. That was years ago.
Look forward to hearing back from you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 March, 2007 11:28 pm
tinamsolo OWC
(@tinamsolo-owc)

kia-ora
Pare is my mother teresa and roha are her sisters,she was bought up from my nanny-pa ,nanny lovie's father.No aunty Roha doesn't live in the old home stead anymore.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 April, 2007 4:18 am
marankin OWC
(@marankin-owc)

Polly...gosh, I remember her. Is she living in Australia too? Please let your Aunt Theresa know that I have been in touch with you, and give her my email address. Would love to catch up with her again. Good luck with your search.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 April, 2007 11:11 pm
Crystal Pohoiwi OWC
(@crystal-pohoiwi-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora my name is Crystal Pohoiwi, My fathers name is Erueti Pohoiwi and yes we're from Tikitiki. We use to live in the old homested on Kakarere Station and its miki to know that there are whanau out there trying to get hold of our whakapapa the only thing is that even I don't know the full story but I've also been told that our whakapapa is tapu I've heard stories that some things are really bad and even I won't go near it. But Che Cuz I hope you do well because yeah. My dad is Nanny Matakino's son along with another 11 to. Aunty Daff is one of the 11 and she lives at the old homested not far from our urupa where nanny and papa lay along side with my Uncle Bill and my sister Leslie. We will be going back there October to my sister Phyllis'z wedding and also next year for Leslie's unveiling. If you have any queries then text my mum her name is Wai on 0212132014 or 0217042104.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 June, 2007 1:11 pm
Share: