Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

POKAI - Wehi  

RSS
Jaymac OWC
(@jaymac-owc)

I am looking for relatives of my 4x great grandmother. Her Brother was Hori Rakena Pokai. She married a pakeha named tame Wepu (Thomas Webb) and lived on Waiheke Island. they had children James, Robert & Thomas. I am looking for further information to add to what I already know either of Wehi's ancestors or of those that are decended from Whei and Tame. Can anyone help me???? Jaymac.[:)

Posted : 13 January, 2008 7:14 pm
KatCha OWC
(@katcha-owc)

Hi!

My grandmother was daughter of Thomas Webb junior, son of Thomas and Wehi, so Wehi's granddaughter. He married Katie (Catherine) Campbell (descended somehow from Annie Lang and various of Waipu I believe) and they had 4 children (Catherine, Selwyn, Marie and Adrienne). Marie was my grandmother.

From what I understand, Thomas senior fell off a boat and drowned (we have a copy of the newspaper thingy about it) and Wehi - I think she remarried/had other kids? Not sure.

Anyway, Katie and Thomas split up (not sure if they divorced or what) and Katie died of cancer and I believe Thomas took another wife (a daughter of whom contacted my grandmother in the early ninties I think it was and she also sent us a fairly comprehensive whakapapa). He ended up leaving them too I think.

After Katie died, the children lived with their Aunt Willa at 4 Franklin rd until aunty Willa died also.

My grandmother moved to Dunedin and married and sadly she passed away a couple of years ago but Adrienne and Selwyn are still alive.

Kx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 February, 2008 7:17 pm
Share: