Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

POPATA  

RSS
Leahw
(@leahw)

Any POPATA Whanau from Oturu out there? Would like to get in contact with anyone who could help me with my grandmother's whakapapa. My grandmother's name is Mereana Ngaro, PAHU, but is also known as POPATA for her maiden name. Her step mother was Eraiha/Eliza POPATA. Her father's name is Tamati PAHU, who later changed his name to PAHU-TIPENE. Can someone please help me?

Edited by - leah.w on Nov 30 2005 4:43:43 PM

Posted : 29 November, 2005 12:00 am
Leahw
(@leahw)

Thank you for your PM Purerehua. It would be a great help to me, as my research for our grandmother's whakapapa is a hard one to trace. Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 December, 2005 5:43 pm
Taanemoana OWC
(@taanemoana-owc)

Kia ora, my tane's whanau from there ae Popata, Julia Murray or Charlie Larkins would have likely knowledge of whanau if your interested.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 December, 2005 2:01 am
Leahw
(@leahw)

Kia ora Taanemoana,
Those surnames I recognise, as they are related to my father - (Nukumaingaiwi TAKINUI). I am very much interested in getting some info. Do you have any contact numbers or emails for them? You can email me at ladyleah@iprimus.com.au
I look forward to hearing from you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 December, 2005 5:44 pm
Taanemoana OWC
(@taanemoana-owc)

my email is moanataane@msn.com give me a buzz and I fill in some missing details and give you numbers for following whanau.

cheers Moana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 December, 2005 10:30 pm
Hinga Whanau
(@hinga-whanau)

Kia ora Leah,

Do you have any more information about the Popata whanau. We are related some of the Popata whanau whose line I am researching. Although I do not think I am directly related I am hoping names you mention will be related to some of the Popata's married into the whanau. Be happy to share this with you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 July, 2006 10:58 pm
Leahw
(@leahw)

Kia ora te roopu hinga whanau,
You can send me email to ladyleah@iprimus.com.au I can only give you some names of Popata whanau that I have knowledge of and a couple of contacts also.

Leah

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 October, 2006 12:43 pm
Hinga Whanau
(@hinga-whanau)

Thanks Leah...email on the way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 October, 2006 1:08 pm
rikirangi OWC
(@rikirangi-owc)

Kia ora te whanau katoa,my name is Karena Rewi-Kereru, I am a G/Grandaughter of Mere Kingi Henare-Popata, a G/daughter of one of her 4 dauhgters, Pani Kingi, whom married Tutere Rumatiki Hiko, any more info would be most appreciated on both G/Parents names

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 February, 2007 8:59 pm
Chaed OWC
(@chaed-owc)

Hi Leah,

Cousin Popsy, Sharon has some info on our grandmother to put to your collection - if she hasn't already. We collected this from uncle willie yesterday. We are having another whanau gathering this xmas at Oturu.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 February, 2007 5:00 pm
Leahw
(@leahw)

OH COOL!!!!
Can't wait for the whanau reunion. So you caught up with Sharon? Did anyone get a pic of nan yet? We can post up messages on the whanau website again?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 February, 2007 9:09 pm
Share: