Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

POPATA, Peter - did anyone know him???  

RSS
jklm OWC
(@jklm-owc)

Hi just wondering if any one here has ANY details on my father, Peter Lewis Popata, born 1945, he died in 1985, photos or memories - good or bad - would be appreciated. I don't know much about his past, I was only 4 when he died and I am unfortunatly not close to any of his family. His mother is Mei Paratini-Hinga-Popata, any information on her or that particular family (sisters and brothers)would be appreciated also. Would love to hear from any one.

Edited by - jklm on Jun 22 2005 7:58:59 PM

Posted : 21 June, 2005 3:43 pm
Leahw
(@leahw)

Hi Jklm,
My name is Leah Williams and the 'Popata's are closely related to my fathers family - 'Takinui/Williams'. The Popatas that we are related to, are from the Oturu Marae. If you jump onto the OldFriends Website - www.oldfriends.nz.co and do a search for the Oturu Marae, there are a couple of Popatas' in there that you can contact and ask questions. You can email me for more info if you like. If you look in the Paparore School in the Northland, in the Oldfriends website, you can have a look at a couple of school photos. My Uncle Wiki Popata is in the 1938 class photo. Goodluck with your search.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 June, 2005 4:03 pm
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Teena koejklm,if you like in the phone book for a kaumatua called Jim Te Tuhi in Clean St Te Kopuru,Dargaville.He could also help you with your search.Or refer you to other local kaumaatua from that area.
Blessings!
Na,Wi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 June, 2005 5:08 pm
hinga OWC
(@hinga-owc)

information regarding Peter Popata, my first cousin e-mail me on greenhams@paradise.net.nz.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 March, 2006 8:13 pm
Share: