Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

PORORUA, Waana(or Wana)  

carolp OWC
(@carolp-owc)

Possibly from Raglan area. Married George Gage approx 1850`s and they had three children John, George and Mary.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 April, 2005 12:30 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe carolp,

Make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club and click on Gull Search, then search for Gage.

When you have had a look at those results and follwed them up, in the Whakapapa Club under the Online Searching menu is Tips for searching Google. Go there, have a quick skim of the info then click on the link at the bottom of the page. Fill in the form - I found results with one of the children's names and just George Gage as the father - and have a look through those.

Good luck and let us knwo how you get on

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 May, 2005 10:33 pm
interplanetjanet
(@interplanetjanet)
Eminent Member

Also searching for info on George Gage: He was involved with my GGGrandfather Thomas Maxwell. Both were in Bay of Islands around 1836 and later at Manakau and Waiheke Island -1838 -1842+ for Gage,Im interested on where he came from when he arrived and what he did for a living. I suspect it may be the same person. Interested to hear if you know of any early info-regards Joy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 November, 2005 10:14 pm

Working

Please Login or Register