Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

PUHA, bob (ruawai) looking for my dads whanau  

RSS
osh1798 OWC
(@osh1798-owc)

PUHA. piata. i'm looking for anyone who may have known my dad. PUHA, Bob(Ruawai)he was born in Raukokore in 1932. sadly my father passed awy in 1982. and i am trying to find his whanau. i am the youngest of his kids. he has two other daughters and a son also named robert. my mother is gloria puha nee aranui. if there is anyone who can help me out, this would be much appreciated.

kia ora

Posted : 18 August, 2005 8:12 pm
Barbara OWC
(@barbara-owc)

You will find whakapapa of the Puha whanau in the LDS Geneology site - It may also be of interest to you that the Puha whanau also have Hawaiian relations. The story is really interesting, Two brothers, migrated, one brother got off in Hawaii, and the other carried onto New Zealand. These two families are now connected again. There are Puha whanau in Tolaga Bay, members of the LDS Church, reason why to check out the LDS site

Barbara

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 August, 2005 11:14 am
osh1798 OWC
(@osh1798-owc)

Thank you so much Barbara, and sorry for the late reply.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 November, 2005 5:40 pm
uawagrlz01 OWC
(@uawagrlz01-owc)

quote:

Kia ora,
I dunno if it's the same Puha whanau, But my grandmother was a Puha who come from Te Araroa.I know alot of the my Puha whanau and there are loads of them in Tolaga Bay going right up to Te Araroa which is north of Tolaga. If you wanna know anymore about the whanau give us a buzz.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 January, 2006 11:41 am
horibop2000 OWC
(@horibop2000-owc)

try your mothers whanau the aranui they live in NAPIER&RAUPUNGA AREA they may be able to shed some light on your fathers WHANAU

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 January, 2006 11:22 pm
aqua_amethyst03 OWC
(@aqua_amethyst03-owc)

quote:

PUHA. piata. i'm looking for anyone who may have known my dad. PUHA, Bob(Ruawai)he was born in Raukokore in 1932. sadly my father passed awy in 1982. and i am trying to find his whanau. i am the youngest of his kids. he has two other daughters and a son also named robert. my mother is gloria puha nee aranui. if there is anyone who can help me out, this would be much appreciated.

kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 December, 2006 2:43 pm
aqua_amethyst03 OWC
(@aqua_amethyst03-owc)

Hi there piata

Your dad use to come and get Arahi Aranui and myself from St Joes in Napier on Sunday outs, we use to come out there to the house in PakiPaki. My mother is first cousins to your dad. Her mother and your dad's mother were sisters. Te Amohaere Puha is your grandmothers name from Wairuru Marae.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 December, 2006 2:55 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

PUHA. piata. i'm looking for anyone who may have known my dad. PUHA, Bob(Ruawai)he was born in Raukokore in 1932. sadly my father passed away in 1982. and i am trying to find his whanau. i am the youngest of his kids. he has two other daughters and a son also named robert. my mother is gloria puha nee aranui. if there is anyone who can help me out, this would be much appreciated.

kia ora

The Puha whanau originates in Te Araroa. As with many Ngati Porou whanau, they married into Te Whanau a Apanui and in your case, into the Whanau a Maru hapu. What I have is:

Hirini Puha Okeoke = Tai Paroro Ranapia Te Rire

Their children, who took the name Puha as their surname, were:

1. Taumata = Hariata Swinton
2. Te Amohaere = Ernest Glyde Richardson
3. Te Haa = Mate Lawson
4. Ramari Waiokaha = Ahipene Te Maro
5. Kahupoai (no issue)
6. Emae = Pehira Maremare (Murray)
7. Ihipera = Herewini Te Hei
8. Reupine (no issue)
9. Te Iwingaro

Do any of these names sound familiar? The branch that is still close to home is the Riachardsons who live in Opotiki.

Interestingly, the Aranui whanau, if they're from Raupunga, have a Whanau a Apanui connection too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 January, 2007 12:27 pm
riderthreeohfo7 OWC
(@riderthreeohfo7-owc)

quote:

kia ora Uawa! I've been doing some searching through the archives for any body that may have information on the PUHA whanau and I see that you may be able to help me? My Grand Mother was Pani (Barney) Te Wairemana Brown and her mother was Maraea Puha daughter of Tangi Taera Ngatoro and HAKOPA PUHA. I am trying to find out more about HAKOPA PUHA?
Can you help me?
quote:

Kia ora,
I dunno if it's the same Puha whanau, But my grandmother was a Puha who come from Te Araroa.I know alot of the my Puha whanau and there are loads of them in Tolaga Bay going right up to Te Araroa which is north of Tolaga. If you wanna know anymore about the whanau give us a buzz.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 November, 2007 9:26 pm
Share: