Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Rameka  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Kara Te Rore OWC
(@kara-te-rore-owc)

Hello everyone
im just wondering if anybody in here knows any of the Rameka Whanau.

Posted : 23 April, 2006 9:01 pm
Kaipara OWC
(@kaipara-owc)

I know some of the Ramekas from Kaikohe. Is that the Rameka family you are referring to?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 May, 2006 4:00 pm
Kaipara OWC
(@kaipara-owc)

I know some of the Ramekas from Kaikohe. Is that the Rameka family you are referring to?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 May, 2006 4:00 pm
delboy
(@delboy)

Hi, Someone on this thread may be able to assist me also.

Im trying to trace a possible marriage or relationship between a Edward Wilson & Nora Rameka, both likley born 1885c. Edward died 1961 Kaikohe. There could have been a child born from this relationship, Edward was said to be a bit of a ladies man. Rumour had it that 3 women were all pregnant to him at once, I am also going to post re those ladies. I am trying to do the family tree & cant work who had which kids to whom.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2006 7:42 pm
Aroha H OWC
(@aroha-h-owc)

Kia Ora my mums a Rameka her father was Tame Rameka and his father was Ketu Rameka Tame married my grandmother moengaroa anihana from Utakura i think we Ramekas originate from Taranaki but married Ngapuhi so you maybe able to checkout the Ramekas from Taranaki also.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2006 11:57 pm
wun OWC
(@wun-owc)

Kia Ora cuz you my want to try Taupo there are alot of Rameka their.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 August, 2006 10:03 pm
Te Kuta OWC
(@te-kuta-owc)

Kia ora Kara

The Rameka's I know are from Tautoro, Jus out of Kaikohe.
I know its not much but I Hope that helps.

We can't live on love and pipi's alone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 August, 2006 10:28 pm
Hawkestir OWC
(@hawkestir-owc)

Kia ora
You might need to be more pasific to which Rameka whanau you are looking for. The Rameka whanau in Tuwharetoa are a large well known whanau.Text

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August, 2006 9:43 pm
Matariki OWC
(@matariki-owc)

Tena Koe

I know some Rameka whanau that whakapapa back to Mohaka/Raupunga way...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August, 2006 11:26 pm
K.Te Keepa Rata Te Awe OWC
(@k-te-keepa-rata-te-awe-owc)

Kia ora,

There is also a whanaungatanga with Rameka through Ngati Whatua o Orakei.

kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 August, 2006 6:57 pm
kara_terore_rameka OWC
(@kara_terore_rameka-owc)

hi yes the Rameka family is very big the only Ramekas i know and am related to is the Ramekas from up north around the areas of Motukaraka and up futher by NgaTaki. i have heard from my papa that there is a lot of Ramekas down the line around the Taupo area, but i do not know if they are closely related.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 December, 2006 4:16 pm
maniapoto_jack OWC
(@maniapoto_jack-owc)

Kiaora i know the Rameka whanau from Ruatoki, Tuuhoe, theyre spread everywhere thou

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 December, 2006 9:19 am
alinhape OWC
(@alinhape-owc)

AH YES KIA ORA, MY GRANDFATHER IS A RAMEKA FROM MOTUKARAKA, HIS NAME IS HOTONIO RAMEKA AND HE MARRIED MAUDE DAVIS IF THAT IS ANY HELP...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2007 5:41 pm
kura71 OWC
(@kura71-owc)

Kia Ora everyone,

I am a descendant of Moengaroa Rameka and Waitai Rata. I am searching for details or whanau from Moengaroa's side of the whanau, she was born in the early 1900s and died from the influenza epidemic, i think her fathers name was Mita Rameka. If anyone any any information on them i would really love to hear from you. The whanau is from Ngati Kuri in the far north.

Naku Noa

Kura

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2008 1:34 pm
XYZ1
 XYZ1
(@xyz)

Kia ora,

I am the great-grandson of Whakaaria (Fred) Rameka and Anne Ena Rameka (Died 04 August 1971, 20 October 1989 respectively)

See headstone -> https://goo.gl/tzgdMD

They had four children: Ted, Ena (my grandmother, now deceased), Ella and Anne.

It is my understanding that they were involved, to some extent, with Rātana pā, or Ratana Community.

I am also told they are from Northland, New Zealand.

I am interested in talking with anyone who is a descendant or whanaunga of these people and/or can help with basic Whakapapa information (i.e., Iwi, Hapu, Marae etc).

Other know Rameka relations include:

Huriana Rameka

Keremenata Rameka

Noa Rameka

Patuone Rameka

Reihana Rameka

Rapana Rameka

Whati Rameka

Walter Rameka

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ngā mihi!

ReplyQuote