Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RAMSEY(nee PAUL), Elizabeth Porter  

RSS
Reecie OWC
(@reecie-owc)

My name is Sherrece Tanner and I am searching for information and existing family members of my Great Grandmother Elizabeth Porter Ramsey (nee Paul) born 14 September 1899 to James and Barbara Ann Paul (nee Cunningham), and died I believe in 1973. Elizabeth gave birth to my Grandfather Francis Edward on 19 February 1922 at the age of 22 at 7 Surrey St, Grey Lynn. From what little information my family has been told, my great grandmother was known to all as "Auntie Betty" and had red hair. Francis Edward was adopted by Leslie James and Maude Alice May Tanner and moved to Wellington. He enlisted as a Gunner in the 2nd NZEF and went on to marry Zena Margaret McIvor on 3rd March 1945. They were divorced 19th February 1952. On his death 23rd September 1980 he was using the alias of Graham James Wright, and was of no fixed abode. He was found on the side of the road by passers by and had died of a massive heart attack. Elizabeth went on to marry Kenneth Cobham Ramsey 6 February 1935 and I believe have 2 children, a son and daughter. This for me as been an ongoing dream to discover more about my heritage as I do know this is where my father, my brother and I get our features and distinction from. I would love to know more about the "maori" heritage of this side of the family, which iwi I belong to and just knowing where I belong. Any help would be extremely appreciated. I understand that for members of the Ramsey family related to Elizabeth Porter and Kenneth Cobham Ramsey that this will come as a huge surprise, but there is no malice, just wishing to know about who we are.

Thank you so much
Sherrece

Edited by - Reecie on Mar 10 2007 7:55:58 PM

Posted : 17 February, 2007 12:45 pm
Share: