Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

RANDALL Family from Huntly  

Page 1 / 4 Next
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

Kia Ora I am hoping to get in contact with any one from my whanau to help with my whakapapa and to get to know my whanaua.
My name is Sheree Te Momo and my father is Rata Te Momo and mother is Ruth Te Momo. My grandfather was Douglas Taaki Te Momo and grandmother Daisy Te Momo nee Waikato/Timothy. My granddad's birth parents were Wate Jerry Randall from Huntly and Huirua Randall(nee)Honetana from Waitii. My grandparents adopted parents were Rata Te Momo and Maraea Te Momo (nee Randall)also from Huntly.

Ko Taupiri Te Maunga
Ko Waikato Te Awa
Ko Tainui Te Waka
Ko Ngatiwhawhakia Raua Ko NgatiPaoa Te Hapu
Ko Kaitumutumu Raua Ko Waitii Te Marae
Ko Potatau Te Wherowhero Te Tangata

Edited by - sheree_tm on Apr 07 2005 11:19:31 AM

Edited by - sheree_tm on Apr 07 2005 11:22:16 AM

Edited by - sheree_tm on Sep 12 2005 5:00:30 PM

Edited by - sheree_tm on Jan 23 2006 10:54:10 AM

Edited by - sheree_tm on Feb 10 2006 5:46:12 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 April, 2005 5:56 pm
RishDoll OWC
(@rishdoll-owc)

I have a friend who lives over here in Brisbane, who is a Randall from Huntly.
I'll ask her if she knows who you are looking for.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 April, 2005 10:15 pm
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

Thank you very much, that would be great. Looking forward to your next posting as I have been searching for my aunty for a while

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 April, 2005 10:28 am
Obyclan OWC
(@obyclan-owc)

Hi. My name is Jeanette. Was your Grandmother a Waikato before she was married. I think that my mother and your grandmother were sisters. I do not know my mothers side too well but I know she had a sister named Daisy. And I think that your Grandmother is my Aunty Daisy. My Mothers name was Olive and she was the eldest of about 6 or seven. There mother died when my mother was only 8 and they were all split up and bought up by other people

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 August, 2005 12:09 am
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Hi sheree

I'd seen your aunty annie, lived in the unit at harris street, huntly.(sorry forgot mail box number) I can find out for you and get back soon.
I know the randell whanau in huntly.
Pansy randall was a friend of mine use to lived next door to me. They has moved to auckland 5 months ago. Miss her heaps!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 August, 2005 12:47 am
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

Hi. My name is Jeanette. Was your Grandmother a Waikato before she was married. I think that my mother and your grandmother were sisters. I do not know my mothers side too well but I know she had a sister named Daisy. And I think that your Grandmother is my Aunty Daisy. My Mothers name was Olive and she was the eldest of about 6 or seven. There mother died when my mother was only 8 and they were all split up and bought up by other people

Hi Jeanette. Yep my nana was a Waikato before she was married. I have been trying to find information about my nana as not alot of people know much about her as I think she was adopted out. That is awesome to hear from you as I have been researching my nana's family for ages. My Uncle has a book of the Honetana reunion in Waiti (My grandfather's mother family) and it had that my nana's last name is Waikato. I was told that my nana was brought up by the Timothy family and they are from Gisborne. It would be great to hear from you again. We must be related, so you would be my aunty. Do you know any of your mums brothers or sisters? Sheree Te Momo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 August, 2005 2:08 am
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

Hi sheree

I'd seen your aunty annie, lived in the unit at harris street, huntly.(sorry forgot mail box number) I can find out for you and get back soon.
I know the randell whanau in huntly.
Pansy randall was a friend of mine use to lived next door to me. They has moved to auckland 5 months ago. Miss her heaps!

Hi It would be great if you can find out if my Aunty Annie is in Huntly cause I have been wanting to contact her for a long time. Thanks very much for replying to my post. Are you related to the Randalls? It would be great to hear from soon.
Sheree Te Momo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 August, 2005 2:18 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Sheree,
My maternal Grandfather was a Honetana, I have a whakapapa list and it does however relate to my whanau line but may include a couple of familliar whanau names. If you are interested in sharing I'd like to hear from you.
Kia Ora

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 September, 2005 3:10 pm
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

Kia ora
My grandfather mother Huirua Randall maiden name was Honetana. The Honetana's are from Waitii and that is where our Marae is. My great grandmother father was Tamati Honetana and he was born 17 August 1879 and died 15 March 1940 He had two wives and one of them was Te Mamae Hauata Haimona Karaipu and cant remember the name of his other wife. It would be great to share information and keep in contact as I am interested in learning my whakapapa and am researching it and would like to learn more about the Honetana's as I dont know much.
Sheree Te Momo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 September, 2005 4:52 pm
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

My mother is also related to the Randall whanau.
Her name is LuLu Tamanui of Waikato.
Yes..my nana Reretahunga Parata had many sisters who all were seperated at a young age and one of them married a Randall.
Did you know that Taine Randall (all black) is of the same family.
Can you keep us posted on this please.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 September, 2005 10:12 am
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

Hi
Yep I knew that Taine Randall is whanau, cool eh a famous All Black related to us. There is also another All Black that is related to the Randalls and lives in Huntly. I forgot his name he was on a NZ reality show. Can you remember which Randall your mum is related through. It would be great to hear from you again and look forward to hearing from you again.
Sheree Te Momo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 September, 2005 3:05 pm
annieok OWC
(@annieok-owc)

Hi, sorry for interrupting. I am trying to trace my family tree espacially looking for info on my gg grandmother Martha (nee Wilson) who married a Charles Randall. He died in 1943 and her in 1946. I would like to know where they are buried. It was her second marriage her maiden name was Carvell. Do you have any records of a Charles in your Randall history?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 September, 2005 6:03 pm
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

Hi
I have only traced my whakapapa to my great grandparents and am still researching my family history. Most Randall's are buried on Taupiri Mountain in Huntly or Waitii Cemetery in Waitii. When I do find out more information I will let you know and if there is any records of a Charles in the Randall family.
Sheree Te Momo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 September, 2005 8:39 pm
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

Just waiting for my mum to pull out the papers of the Randall whanau, shouldn't be too long now (old age..you understand)..lol.All of my mums elders, along with a sister aunty Rama Heta are buried on Taupiri.
ok here it is ..the aunty's name is Kawe, used to all live in Pukekawa with a granny Wariki Naneko Hutchinson..the Randalls all lived in the same area.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 September, 2005 8:56 am
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

Her pakeha name is nancy but she was better known to my mum as Kawe
e mail me at Kataraina8@hotmail.com
would be great to hear from you 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 September, 2005 12:57 pm
Page 1 / 4 Next

Working

Please Login or Register