Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RANKIN, PETER, JIM and MARY: Looking for DAD, and Grandparents  

RSS
nz_surf_gal OWC
(@nz_surf_gal-owc)

Hi there,
Just been trying to track down my b/f's dad, and his grandparents, who are from Ngapuhi. Just wondering if there is any more Rankin's up that way, and trying to find out the name of his marae, as his father is burried there also. Father's full name is Peter Albert Rankin, and passed away in 1981. Peter also has a deceased Brother who died from a motor bike accident. My b/f's Grandfather Jim, was also a Doctor.
Would very much appreciate it if anyone knows anything about the Rankin's, and contact me on my email.

Thank you very much,
Tania

Posted : 12 June, 2005 3:17 am
legalize OWC
(@legalize-owc)

kia ora tania
i lived in the far north a few years ago and there are rankins still living there you could try posting a letter to the pawarenga post office addressed to rankin and i am quite sure you will get a response from there

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 July, 2006 2:59 am
Share: