Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RAPANA  

RSS
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora, My daughter is looking for her father, and his whanau. This means alot to my girl, and of course she means the mostest to me.
Her Grandfather was the late Charlie Tengo RAPANA, and he had I believe two famillies. Of this group the whanau members I would especially like to find are Tony, Maria, Lewis or Veronica who, last time I knew they all lived in the North Island, Maria was living around the Wellington area, Tony was around Auckland. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

Posted : 26 September, 2005 4:01 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Another site to try www.oldfriends.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 September, 2005 5:29 pm
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

I found a Veronica Rapana 62 Owhiti Street Titahi Bay & Maria Genieve Rapana 26 Beaumaris Cres Ascot Park Porirua. On the Maori Electoral Roll . There 8 numbers in the Wellington phone book 049718655,049738077,049772949,049721516,049397122,049707869,045277418,045646199,045678483.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 September, 2005 12:12 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Kina,
I will try these numbers right away. Thank you

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 September, 2005 12:54 am
whakaporearea OWC
(@whakaporearea-owc)

Kia ora koe, it sucks not knowing your whanau, I don't think I could live with it. Ummmmmmmm my cousin is a Rapana from the Kaeo area & if you need information we might be able to help you out a bit. If you send me a message with any other info you might have we should be able to help you in some way

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 October, 2005 1:47 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Whakaporearea,
I dont really remember much at all, their mothers name was Ra and she lived in Dannevirke in the 80's-90's. Their father Charlie later lived at Welsford up by Kaipara, Oruawharo. Thats really allI can think of. Can you tell me where is the Kaeo area? I havent really heard of that one.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 October, 2005 11:34 pm
vcooper OWC
(@vcooper-owc)

Kia ora,

My girlfriend is Kimberly Rapana, her dad is Joe Rapana, they live in Newlands. They're in the phone book and they know quite a bit about their whakapapa. Kimberly went to St Joseph's Maori Girls and her brother Jason went to Hato Paora. Look them up in da phone book.

Naku nei,

Na Vanessa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 November, 2005 10:01 pm
kalima99
(@kalima99)

Kia ora any Rapana rellies from Kaeo, or anyone from Kaeo I would love to hear from in my whakapapa search.

Cheers .... Jeff in Oz

Violet66

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 November, 2005 9:13 am
blackbird OWC
(@blackbird-owc)

Kia ora
Did you managed tracking the Rapana whanau.
if you want i am related to them my beloved mum is a cousin with uncle Charlie send me an email if you still want to contact the whanau i may be able to help you What is your daughter"s dad's name if you don't mind me asking.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 November, 2005 12:32 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

My baby has gone roaming to find her whanau, at the moment she has returned to the South Island, but will be on her way back to the North I expect before Christmas. Thanks to everyones suggestions regarding this post so far.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 November, 2005 10:24 pm
chemaree@bigpond.com OWC
(@chemareebigpond-com-owc)

Kia Ora! My name is Lisa Watene(nee Dawson. I'm here living in Sydney Australia and by chance happened to be on the net and thought I'd have a look at some whakapapa of my own. Low and behold I'm checking the whanau surnames like always and came across your panui.

As I can see, your daughter is searching for her father. Her grandfather Charlie Tengo Rapana known to me as 'Uncle Charlie' is or was my father's half brother. My father Rima Totoia Heremaia (also known as Rima Tahana (Dawson)) and your daughter's grandfather are both buried side by side (except a monument between the two graves) up at Oruawharo, Wellsford-Auckland. About 1-1/2hrs drive from Auckland.

I do visit home quite regularly and I am heading back home on the 14thDec 05 til 21Dec 05.

If you need any help please do not hesitate to contact our whanau in NZ who would be more than willing to help your girl find her dad.

I'm not quite tight with Uncle Charlie's kid's as I only knew Tony and his other daughter whom I grew up with for a short time. Last time I heard which was only last year, Tony who is one of the son's still lives in Oruawharo down by the beach where uncle use to live. My father's house is practically overlooking uncle's place.

Here is my email: Contact Lisa at: chemaree@bigpond.com

My whanau in NZ: Contact Aunty Keita or Sonny
02-2963055 or Daphne Marshall
My mum-brother and sister.

If possible could u let me know asap before contacting my whanau so as I can explain what's goin on so no-one get's things mixed up!!

Kia Ora & Kakite Ano
Lisa Watene

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 December, 2005 9:04 pm
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Lisa,
Thanks for the post. I will pass on the info to my daughter. Her name is Ruby too by the way, I dont think I have mentioned that during these posts. I know she will appreciate all this help. Thanks to everyone.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 December, 2005 11:55 pm
Jazorrayne OWC
(@jazorrayne-owc)

Kia ora, have you had any luck Ruby. Charlie is also my grandfather. Although Grandad has gone your dad is still around (well as far as I know). Can I just ask is Uncle Lewis your dad.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 June, 2006 4:53 pm
rlee OWC
(@rlee-owc)
Eminent Member

I knew Craig Rapana, his mother lived in Whitianga, anyone know where he is these days?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 April, 2007 12:16 am
Kereru OWC
(@kereru-owc)

Kia ora Ruby i don't know if you remember me. My name is Kiriana and i think you are my sister. Jacqui was my birth Mum. I would love to chat with you and jacqui and our other brothers and sisters.

Thanks Kiri

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 May, 2007 8:33 pm
Share: