Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RARERE Kumeroa  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
kiriwai
(@kiriwai)

Kia Ora

My grandmother was Kumeroa Rarere from Mahia, and her brothers and sisters were, Materoa, Reretapua, Te Paea, Pango, Te Teira (1), Hera, Raiha, Matetoa or might be Materoa (2),Makuini, Hami Koroni, Matekino,and Ataria Te Teira (2),

These are some of the names of their spouses: ?Hokena?, ?Cunningham, Winiata (my koro last name), ?Hoepo, ?Rahapa?, ?Wainohu and Irihapeti

Are there any descendants from any of the names above, I have met some whanau from Ataria Te Teira. I know that there were a couple of Rarere reunions in the past, but I missed them, and I did get to meet Uncle Bob Rarere but I didn't know who he was at the time, and I'm not sure whether he was my uncle or granduncle, my dad's sisters called him uncle Bob.

Kia Ora
Kiriwai

Posted : 09 December, 2005 6:00 pm
huria
(@huria)

Kia Ora Kiriwai,have you tried the Mormon Temple at Nuhaka,they have records dating wayyy back,My Grandmother is a Tawera from Nuhaka and we are related to the Rarere family,My mum was brought up in Mahia,good luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2006 1:22 am
kiriwai
(@kiriwai)

quote:

Kia Ora Kiriwai,have you tried the Mormon Temple at Nuhaka,they have records dating wayyy back,My Grandmother is a Tawera from Nuhaka and we are related to the Rarere family,My mum was brought up in Mahia,good luck

Kia ora Huria, thanks for your info, I do have my nanny's whakapapa, but it was all her nieces and nephews whanau that live here and overseas. And are there any (Rarere whanau) that live in the Wellington, Porirua area.
kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2006 6:33 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Kia Ora Kiriwai

My partner was adopted by a May Whaanga who had kids to a Rakai Paka Rarere in Mahia. They have a grand child living in Porirua at the mo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2006 9:00 pm
kiriwai
(@kiriwai)

Kia ora Becks06
thanks for your info, I have heard that there are a few Rarere whanau in Porirua, but I am yet to meet them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 May, 2006 5:53 pm
Chuckie2 OWC
(@chuckie2-owc)

Kia Ora Kiriwai

Te Paea was my Tane"s Grandmother she was married to Pura Thomas Cuningham from Manutuke Marae. They settled in Matahiwi,Bridge Pa and Whakatu in the Hastngs area and had several children, none of whom are living.Their daughter Matarita Pukepuke was my Mother-in-law. Te Paea is buried in the Urupa at Bridge Pa and Pura is buried in the RSA section of the Hastings cemetary. There is a plaque honouring Pura at the Gisborne RSA. There are several Mokopuna, Mokopuna tuarua and Mokopuna tuatoru, many who still live in the Hastings Rohe. My Tane has two brothers who live in the Wellington area one in Waitangirua and one in Mirimar as well as brothers and sisters in Hastings. We live in Rotorua.

Mgatai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 May, 2006 5:03 pm
Chuckie2 OWC
(@chuckie2-owc)

The name is Ngatai oops sorry for the spelling error

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 May, 2006 5:07 pm
kiriwai
(@kiriwai)

Kia Ora Ngatai
thankyou for your whakapapa we might all get to meet each over the internet, some more whanau from my nanny (Kumeroa) have made contact, she is from the Wainohu side. I will ask her if I can cut and paste her whakapapa on to this page,she send hers to me by private message so if its ok with her, I will do that. I live in the Waitangirua area so I most probably seen your brother in law around or even know him or know of him. So this is neat that we can share whakapapa like this.
kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 May, 2006 10:42 pm
Chuckie2 OWC
(@chuckie2-owc)

Kia Ora Kiriwa
My Tane and his whanau know most of their Wainohu whanau keep in touch
Ngatai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 May, 2006 1:37 pm
rarere OWC
(@rarere-owc)

Kia Ora Kiriwai
My Grandfather was Kahukuranui Rarere uncle Bobs eldest brother i was just wondering if u had the whakapapa for hami rarere who married hana mihingarangi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 June, 2006 8:27 pm
kiriwai
(@kiriwai)

kia ora rarere
I did have a whakapapa, but its go walkabouts, but thats okay, cos I can get one from my Auntie when I see her at the end of this month.
sorry for the late reply

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 June, 2006 12:07 am
IHoepo_1959 OWC
(@ihoepo_1959-owc)

Kia Ora Kiriwai

Your mother Te Kumeroa Rarere and my grandmother Makuini Rarere were sisters. Makuini Rarere then married my grandfather Karena Hoepo I who his son is my father also Karena Hoepo II who he married my mother Kura Rangihuna and had me, my name is Inagle Hoepo. You can email me at this address paigeteawa1@hotmail.com, i hope this will help you out.

IHoepo_1959

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 July, 2006 10:25 pm
IHoepo_1959 OWC
(@ihoepo_1959-owc)

sorry kerewai its your grandmother and my grandmother were sisters awesome so that makes us very close

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 July, 2006 11:34 pm
kiriwai
(@kiriwai)

kia ora IHoepo 1959 and to all our whanau who have posted up here.
I thought I'll have a quick nosey here before retiring for bed and found your post.
Nice to meet you IHoepo (cousin) and do say kiaora to your whanau. I must say if it was'nt for this site we probably not get to know each other aye, even if its not face to face, but at least we get to know all our whanau from here.
Are any of your father's brothers and sisters still living, we have one Auntie left, she is the youngest of my dad's whanau of 18, they all gone including all my dad's in-laws. But we have heaps of cousins,to name some, Winiata,from Foxton,Rotorua,Whanganui,and Raetihi and then my dad's sisters and who they married
Steadman's,Beattie's,Haddon's,Pohio,Wakefield's, Marsh,Toomey's, hope I did'nt miss anyone out.
Yeah so I wanted to get to know all my Nanny's whanau whom we never got to have much contact with, I have her whakapapa but that was about all. I have had some good contacts from here though and some have been quite funny, especially from Ngatai we ended up with a double dose of info. I was gonna email you but then I thought I'll open our site up again and maybe some more Rarere Whanau might come in.
So kiaora for your whakapapa, do stay in touch.
Kiriwai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 July, 2006 1:33 am
IHoepo_1959 OWC
(@ihoepo_1959-owc)

kia ora kiriwai great to meet you even though its over the net. fristly none of my fathers family are alive i know the last one to pass away was his brother Meihana who resided in Maraenui Napier i dont know much about my dads side,but i am wrapped to meet some cuzzies over the net so please do keep in touch an anyother cuzzies kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 July, 2006 1:10 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: