Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

RATIMA, Tahi Luke Robert, looking for whanau, who live in Sydney  

shelly Deane OWC
(@shelly-deane-owc)

I am trying to find the family(Whanau) of TAHI LUKE ROBERT RATIMA who live in Sydney NSW Australia.

Mothers name was DENISE MARY RANGI, father is JONATHON RATIMA.
Tahi has brothers- CONRAD, VERNON, and RANI, I believe still living in NZ.
Tahi is the boyfriend of my daughter Nicole.
Tahi is like a son to me and I love him as such, but Tahi is missing contact with his own family (Whanau).

I would appreciate it if anyone knowing any of the above family (Whanau) could please contacting me on my email, send me a phone number or address.

It is important Tahi has contact with his family(Whanau).

MY Mobile: 0415 500196.

Thank you

Edited by - pearlau on Mar 09 2005 2:53:05 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 January, 2005 11:07 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora shelly Deane

If you go to http://www.whitepages.co.nz and do a search for the surname Ratima, and set the region to New Zealand you will find 41 listtings for the surname. If you know of the area that the whanau are living in, you maybe able to figure out which ones may be of the same whanau.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Feb 06 2005 12:30:54 AM

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 February, 2005 12:29 am
shelly Deane OWC
(@shelly-deane-owc)

To date no luck on tracing Tahi whanau. Last known suburb was Wanganui.
His mother's name was Denise(Dobs)Mary Rangi(deceased 2003)
Any other thoughts on how I could find Tahi's whanau.
Thank you
Shelly Deane

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 February, 2005 12:45 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Okay, here is another idea. What area is the Ratima whanau from and where is the mother buried and where is she from?

If the mother is buried where she is from, you could try contacting the marae for that area.

Likewise, if you know the area where the Ratima whanau are from, you could check again in the whitepages site to see if there are any Ratima still living in that area and try them.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 February, 2005 2:06 am
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora Shelley I knew a couple of Ratima whanau in the mid 70's who lived in the Aria, Pio Pio area and they were both shearers, one brothers wife was called Rangi his name was Herbie but I think it was a nickname, the other was Peter and his wife was Elma I do not know whether they were from that area but I think they are still in Aria. Herb is in Barclay Road Aria.There is a JT and RJ Ratima at 20 Kawana Street Pio Pio but I do not know them. I hope this helps you. Good luck. Y2ranga

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2005 9:03 am
Tihema
(@tihema)

kia ora my name is tihema miller i also live in sydney my grandmothers name is mei ratima i don"T know tahi but i will ask around as i am involed in kapahaka and have many many friends here to keep a ear out ka kite ano tihema

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2005 1:05 pm
takitimu108
(@takitimu108)

kia ora,
Try Hastings down to Masterton
good luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 May, 2005 1:47 pm
huck OWC
(@huck-owc)

Kia ora I know a Ratima whanau from Aria, will ask if Tahi is their whanau. Hopefully I will have some good news for you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 June, 2005 1:54 pm
Buba OWC
(@buba-owc)

Kia Ora

Ratana Pa in Wanganui, you will find his brother Vernon Ratima

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 March, 2006 3:08 pm
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

The Ratima whänau hit the national news some years back. Their place of living was Masterton. You might be able to search Masterton in the Internet White Pages telephone directory & give a family member there a call.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 March, 2006 5:41 pm
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

Ummm, am not a junior member person either, I happen to be a nani...neini probably should be the correct spelling as in Nanny

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 March, 2006 5:46 pm

Working

Please Login or Register