Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

RETI  

Ezykap1 OWC
(@ezykap1-owc)

Kiaora Im trying to find out the Whakapapa of I believe is my Great Grandfather Charlie Reti. Im trying to find out where he is originally from and his legacies. My grandfather was 1 of his sons that not much of his family knew about and for me it would be great to hear of anyone who knows how I can get in contact with his whanau. All I know is that he lived in Whatatutu near Gisborne. He died before my grandfather actually got to take his family to meet him. Anyway if you know of this man or his family please dont hesitate to give me a bell it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 March, 2005 10:58 pm
witewhiu OWC
(@witewhiu-owc)

Tena koe,the name Reti is sometimes short for
Retimana,Reweti,Richmond,or Davies.These are my
mothers people.Try Ngati-wai.Whangaruru.
Keep researching.
Praise the Lord!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2005 9:49 pm
ongelle OWC
(@ongelle-owc)

Kia Ora, witewhiu is right about the shortening of the Reti name. Our family was originally Reti-Kaukau. Some took the name Reti and some took the name Kaukau which is my sirname. There are still Reti's in Gisborne, but there is also a few in Wairoa. If you look under the Marae section, it will give you the contact details for Iwitea Marae. The people at my Marae may be able to help you. Good Luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 October, 2005 9:44 am
wiremupoutu OWC
(@wiremupoutu-owc)

Kia ora Ezykap1...My Name is Wiremu Tarau Poutu,there's alot of Reti's buried in our Urupa bak a Waikare,Bay Of Islands,the Reti's in Waikare,come fourth from Retimana Te Heke and his Wife Kiri Amos,Retimana shortened his name to Reti,they r originally from Tauranga,Retimana Te Heke parents were Hakaraia Te Heke and Ramariif this is the Reti line u r looking 4 then e-mail me at wiremupoutu@clear.net.nz or if that dosn't work try at deniseripi@clear.net.nz hope this helps in some way..Ma Te Wa..Ngapuhi Nui Tonu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 January, 2007 5:36 pm
wiremupoutu OWC
(@wiremupoutu-owc)

Kia ora Ezykap1..The name of Hakaraia Te Heke wife is Ramari i my last post i had the IF word joined to the name Ramari,good luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 January, 2007 5:40 pm
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena Koe Charlotte,

PM sent to you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 January, 2007 8:07 pm

Working

Please Login or Register