Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RETI (MANA ), Heemi  

RSS
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

RETIMANA HAKARAIA was the only son of Te Heke TAIAHO and Ramari (Ngati Tapu) and first cousin to Hori NGATAI known as "Taiaho".
Heemi RETI toku papa, Retimana toku koroua.
Tracing my great grandmother RAMARI shows links into Ngati Pukenga.

Posted : 22 October, 2006 2:12 pm
reunited OWC
(@reunited-owc)

Kia ora, My great grandfather was Te Mana Retimana. He has Tuhoe and Te Arawa links. I have found some help in tracing tiipuna on the Maori Land Court site by using the search online link. When putting in the name also reverse it and search as names have been recorded in more than one order. It has been a great help in finding what land they whakapapa back to and so will give you a good idea as to where you originate. Kia ora and good luck.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 October, 2006 9:30 am
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora reunited.

I located two precious Native Land Court records in Tauranga Minute Book 3/147A, showing my grandfather Te Retimana succeeding to his father Te Heke TAIAHO who died in February 1887.

I can say with absolute certainty that my grandfather Te Retimana has strong whanau links fristly, into Te Arawa through his whakapapa connection through Te Poutotara = Whakanumi to Tamatekapua(Arawa waka) and beyond, and to Tuhoe.

This knowledge I credit to my first cousin Pokai Waiari, late of Kokohinau, who gifted me the Taonga of his whakapapa. I am truly blessed but well know the work I've yet to do.

Kia ora ano and Thankyou.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 October, 2006 9:10 pm
Reti Whanau OWC
(@reti-whanau-owc)

Kia ora Retimana,
My grandfather is Heemi Reti and my grandmothers name was Weera Reti, maiden name kiwikiwi. I'm aware that my grandfather had a family before having a relationship with my grandmother and from what you have written, I can't help but wonder if you are from the first family or from the second. If so.. Tena Koe Tuakana as you would be my aunty or uncle from the first or second whanau. I remember going to Aunty Mays and to uncle Joes when I was a child in Waikare. I'm very very interested in learning more of the Reti Whakapapa, as I have been told that our full last name is Retimanahakariateheketaiaho and see that you have metioned all these names in the above postings. Can you assist?
Anxiously awaiting your reply
Reti Wahine

Edited by - Reti Whanau on Oct 30 2006 10:36:40 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 October, 2006 10:29 pm
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora to you.

Edited by - Retimana on Oct 30 2006 11:42:26 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 October, 2006 11:19 pm