Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RINI, WHANAU FROM UP NORTH  

RSS
C Fraser OWC
(@c-fraser-owc)

Hi there whanau looking for whanau related to Karora Rini up north but was living in Auckland whom is my grandfather,
My dad is Francis Rini (Ginny) I dont know much of my family from that side.My dad had brothers to my knowledge Karora, Santo,and a sister could of had more not sure. Also realted t the Leafs.

Edited by - C Fraser on Aug 06 2006 7:43:02 PM

Posted : 06 August, 2006 7:36 pm
Arongo
(@arongo)

Do you know what part of Auckland your grand father lived in?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 September, 2006 5:12 am
te ngahere OWC
(@te-ngahere-owc)

Kia Ora

I am a descendant of the Rini whanau from Matawaia and Pokapu on the outskirts of Moerewa in the Bay of Islands. The kaumatua of Matawaia marae may help you with more info on your tupuna. There are Rini in Tuhoe, not sure whether they're related. Will find out more from my whanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 September, 2006 9:27 am
C Fraser OWC
(@c-fraser-owc)

quote:

Do you know what part of Auckland your grand father lived in?

My grand father was living in Manurewa origninaly from Ruakaka.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 November, 2006 6:33 pm
C Fraser OWC
(@c-fraser-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora

I am a descendant of the Rini whanau from Matawaia and Pokapu on the outskirts of Moerewa in the Bay of Islands. The kaumatua of Matawaia marae may help you with more info on your tupuna. There are Rini in Tuhoe, not sure whether they're related. Will find out more from my whanau

Hi there,

I know my grandfather was from Ruakaka well I did hear them speak of that place, thanx for the help

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 November, 2006 6:35 pm
Christopher OWC
(@christopher-owc)

quote:

Hi there whanau looking for whanau related to Karora Rini up north but was living in Auckland whom is my grandfather,
My dad is Francis Rini (Ginny) I dont know much of my family from that side.My dad had brothers to my knowledge Karora, Santo,and a sister could of had more not sure. Also realted t the Leafs.

Edited by - C Fraser on Aug 06 2006 7:43:02 PM

I'm not sure whether or not you got my last email reply to your post, but if so, if this is the same Karora Rini who lived on the opposite side of the road from Waimirirangi Marae in Lower Waihou Panguru (who had a son Karora living in Dargaville and a daughter Mama now living in Otahuhu), then then drop me a line on chris.mapa@xtra.co.nz, as i have a whakapapa totally related to that line. Karora was my grandmother's younger brother. My nana's name was Miriama.

Te Ngāhere, e mōhio ana koe ki te whānau Rini Te Wheau nō Utakura?
Do you know of the Rini Te Wheau whānau from Utakura?

Edited by - Christopher on Jan 23 2007 8:36:26 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 January, 2007 8:31 pm
P.Taitimu OWC
(@p-taitimu-owc)

kia ora.your grnd pa lived opposite my grand parents in waihou, north hokianga.there surname was Abraham every body in waihou and panguru would know him ,a good and honest rascal.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 February, 2008 9:32 pm
Share: