Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RIPIKOI, Rangihuata Ngakai  

RSS
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Searching for any information on the Ripikoi whanau, in particular Rangihuata Ngakai who married Reti Hoani. Wanting to find out where the Ripikoi whanau come from. Are they from the Thames area?

Ranighuata & Reti Hoani had two sons Hamiora and Ngakai Peter. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers everyone.

Posted : 27 October, 2005 12:35 pm
tuiripikoi OWC
(@tuiripikoi-owc)

Tena Koe Azzarian,

my name is Tui Ripikoi and my father's name is Ashley Ripikoi
I have never heard of Rangihuata Ngakai Ripikoi and am very interested in finding out this information too one of my brothers is named Colin Ngakai Ripikoi

Na Tui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 October, 2005 1:21 pm
azzarian
(@azzarian)

Kia Ora Tui,

Thanks for the reply. Gosh this is all interesting and new to me. It's also interesting to note that your brother has the name Ngakai as well. As I was saying Ranighuata had a son name Ngakai Peter Hoani.

If you dont mind me asking where are your Ripikoi whanau from?

Cheers
Azzarian.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 October, 2005 2:09 pm
tuiripikoi OWC
(@tuiripikoi-owc)

Tena koe Azzarian

Our whanau is from Thames and my father's family home was in Kaiaua. Rangihuata is my Great Great Great Grand Father from what i am told and my brother Murray and my sister Emily both have the whakapapa their is nine of us in our family and yes it is very interesting. tuiripikoi@yahoo.com is my email address if you want to contact me directly i too find this facinating

Kind Regards
Tui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 October, 2005 8:32 am
mngakai OWC
(@mngakai-owc)

Tena koe Tui
My name is Michelle Ngakai. My dad is Toko (also known as Toke)Sando Ngakai. My grandmother was Elanor (nickname Paki).
I think your grandfather (Bill?) and my grandmother were brother and sister.
My dad's iwi is Ngati Paoa from Makomako Thames. I have been trying to find out more about the Ripikoi Ngakai whanau.
would be keen to find out more. feel free to contact me on mngakai@ihug.co.nz

naku noa

Michelle

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2005 12:09 pm
Share: