Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

ROGERS, William and Clifford: looking for my grandparents  

RSS
mholden OWC
(@mholden-owc)

Kia Ora,

I am just commencing my search. I am searching for my whanau.

My great grandfather passed in WW1 and my grandfather passed in 1963.

My grandfather Clifford of Sydenham Christchurch died in 1963 and my greatgrandfather William in WW1. My uncle recently shared with me some information; and I want to learn more about my tupuna and I would like to understand more.

Thanks, Matt

Posted : 29 February, 2008 3:21 pm
lichelle vianello OWC
(@lichelle-vianello-owc)

Hi Matt,

I saw you quoted me in another tracing Rogers posting, I am happy to check out my dates etc to see if it is the same Rogers line. However I am aware that there were many wives back in the early days and Charles and William were very common names in many of the different lines.

DDD is the user who really knows the lines well.

I'll see what i can find.

Good luck, Lichelle

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 March, 2008 10:38 pm
mholden OWC
(@mholden-owc)

quote:

Hi Matt,

I saw you quoted me in another tracing Rogers posting, I am happy to check out my dates etc to see if it is the same Rogers line. However I am aware that there were many wives back in the early days and Charles and William were very common names in many of the different lines.

DDD is the user who really knows the lines well.

I'll see what i can find.

Good luck, Lichelle

Thank you Lichelle. Yes I have contacted DDD and appreciated the reply also. I am waiting on some birth print outs that will help as there are many William Rogers coming up in my searching and some conflicting information from family and contacts here in Australia. I am currently checking for more information on William Rogers (birthdate and birthplace in NZ not known but I am guessing mid to late 1860s) father of William Clifford Rogers born in 1888. Thanks again, Matt

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 March, 2008 4:32 pm
Share: