Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

ROPATA , Moera Wi and HEREWINI: Maria Pura: help with whakapa  

RSS
Ropata whanau OWC
(@ropata-whanau-owc)

Please help, this is my great grand father, he died on the Whanganui river in 1940 when the cattle boat(Ohura) he was working on sank, at the time he was married to Maria Pura Herewini they had 13 children.
koro was also nown as: Moera Te Whetu Oterangi Ropata and Nan as: Maria Tupaka Herewini

Maria re-married Bill Katene and had a son Henry they lived in Putiki

if anyone has any information please help

Edited by - Ropata whanau on Feb 03 2008 8:18:51 PM

Edited by - Ropata whanau on Feb 06 2008 8:02:16 PM

Posted : 02 February, 2008 9:46 pm
phayef OWC
(@phayef-owc)

katarina ropata te kaho had a brother
Moera ropata

(Katarina)she married Peta Manu Taputoro.

Had Jerry Heremia Taputoro an others.. Mariah (Taputoro) Rangitawa is a sister..

Jerry had Gerald Heremia Taputoro
Who lives in Whanganui.

Details in phone book

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 March, 2008 9:44 pm
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

In my family the Herewini line orginates from Te Kuiti is that the same line maybe. Te Aroha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 March, 2008 12:38 pm
Ropata whanau OWC
(@ropata-whanau-owc)

quote:

In my family the Herewini line orginates from Te Kuiti is that the same line maybe. Te Aroha

as far as i know its the same line

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 March, 2008 12:08 pm
Dolly OWC
(@dolly-owc)

Herewini whanau in Ohakune and Gisbourne - see telephone book and/or electorate rolls

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 March, 2008 7:49 pm
kiriwai
(@kiriwai)

Herewini from the Whanganui Awa, coming down from Parinui, when I get some time I have a look at some whakapapa I have, my mother's whanau. Off to a hui.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 March, 2008 8:26 pm
Ropata whanau OWC
(@ropata-whanau-owc)

quote:

Herewini from the Whanganui Awa, coming down from Parinui, when I get some time I have a look at some whakapapa I have, my mother's whanau. Off to a hui.

Kia ora Kiriwai, Parinui is where my grt Nan and grt Koro lived, and where all there kids where born, any info would be greatly welcomed

thanx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 April, 2008 11:32 pm
whakatihi
(@whakatihi)

Kia ora do you have the a kuini taupunakohe in your whakapapa 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 October, 2018 1:41 am
Share: