Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Royal  

RSS
harvest OWC
(@harvest-owc)

Hi there, trying to find the other half of me, my children are doing their pepeha at kura and when it comes to mama kahore, nothing so if you can help: My fathers father is Pat Royal and he married Sue, my fathers step-mum and they lived in Levin. They had two children Shane and Teresa. My father had a sister Ruth who married Wesley Lisle. I know I'm of Ngati Raukawa descent, how do I find out the rest (maunga, awa, iwi etc). Thanks for your help

Posted : 12 February, 2008 10:45 am
Te Rangamahue OWC
(@te-rangamahue-owc)

It depends what Ngati Raukawa you are from.
Ngati Raukawa ki Wharepuhunga (Te Awamutu etc)
Or Ngati Raukawa ki te Tonga down by Otaki etc!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 February, 2008 11:11 am
Nani OWC
(@nani-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Harvest,
My mum's a Royal (Roera) 1st cousin to uncle Pat.

Tararua is the mountain, Papaitonga the lake, Kikopiri your marae, Korouaputa te tangata, Ngāti Huia the hapū, Ngāti Raukawa the tribe, Tainui the waka.

You descend directly from Te Roera who was the son of Te Ahukaramū who came south with Te Rauparaha on the biggest migration in Aotearoa.
Te Roera's 5 son's built Kikopiri in 1894 & has recently gone through a major renovation with Historic Places Trust.

Nau mai hoki mai ki te whānau o Kikopiri.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2008 3:09 pm
Share: