Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

ROYAL Whanau: Levin  

mareeneil2000 OWC
(@mareeneil2000-owc)

Searching for whanau on my Dads side. Information is vague but this is what I know. Maggie Royal married Lionel Dixon (my grandparents) in the Levin area. They had two sons, Robert (my Dad) and Lionel, they also had a daughter who died at an early age. The marae I know and have been to is Kikopiri in Muhunoa, Levin When Maggie died Lionel moved to Rotorua and remarried. He owned a butcher shop

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 October, 2004 3:36 pm
artecwoman OWC
(@artecwoman-owc)

Kia Ora Maree

maybe you could search in the electrol roll for that area or maybe
go to look in maori land courts or look through any whakapapa.
No matter what dont give up keep on searching for your loved ones.

Arohanui na Inu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 November, 2004 12:19 am
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora mareeneil2000

You could also do a search in http://www.whitepages.co.nz for Royal in the Wellington area as there are a few of them and maybe you will be able to find the conections.

Good Luck, don't give up but keep going

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2004 3:00 am
Mozzie OWC
(@mozzie-owc)

Go see Aunty Hira and Uncle Wehi Royal, Otaki, at Raukawa Marae,
House at back of marae or go to Kikopiri Marae, whanau are there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 January, 2005 5:29 pm
Atahz_06 OWC
(@atahz_06-owc)

[Kia ora Mareeneil,

Give me a buzz I'm from Kikopiri and am a Royal can hook you up with the right people. Email good as I'm currently living in the UK for the year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 March, 2005 3:35 am
Geraldine OWC
(@geraldine-owc)

Kia Ora Mareeneil

My Grandmother was a Royal, married Ropata Kuiti.Her Name was Hilda Ngahira Roera.
Best if you hook up with my niece Keriata, or keep an eye out for wananaga's @kikopiri.
Hapai Reweti

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 August, 2005 7:24 pm
mirihika OWC
(@mirihika-owc)

Kia ora Maree. I think we are related.

My grandmother Sarah Gilling (b. 01.08.1862 m. John Armstrong and died at Otaki 03.06.1950) was a sister of Maggie Gilling b. 15.07.1866 at Kaikoura, m. 04.04.1886 to Te Kerehi Roera (Royal) at Ohau, d. 25.05.1944 br. Ohau.

Their mum was Whawhai Pataua who married Yorkshireman William Gilling b. 25.08.1826 d. 10.07.1908 and I'm still trying to confirm her whakapapa. There is a version that traces her to Ngati Raukawa but I have some doubts as I always thought my Gilling tupuna were Ngai Tahu.

If you're interested I have a book containing most of the Gilling descendants, but I know very little about Whawhai.

I'm guessing your grandmother Maggie Royal would have been a daughter of my great-aunt Maggie Gilling. Wondering too if Lionel Dixon was a whanaunga of my old schoolmates Kere and Ann Dixon from Otaki who are buried at Rangiatea.

Most of my whakapapa is live on my own web page http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/mirihika if you click the Personal Info button. That takes a while to load but after a while a button with a bushy green family tree icon will appear near the middle of the page. Click any name and if there are notes a button to read them will appear above that name.

Can anyone else help with information about Whawhai please?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 March, 2008 7:58 pm

Working

Please Login or Register