Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RUAWAI Maki  

RSS
Tamaterangi OWC
(@tamaterangi-owc)

Tena ra koutou o te whanau Ruawai. Greetings everyone I am looking for anyone from the Ruawai whanau that belong to Te Rangiahua Marae, in the Waiau valley, or further a field. My grandfather was Tetuhera (James)Ruawai, his father was Maki Ruawai, and his mother was Haromi Te Aare.

He gave me the name Tamaterangi, which I believe belonged to Chief Tamaterangi of Ngai Tamaterangi?? I would very much like to make contact with any of my grandfathers whanau (Ruawai)who can shed some light as to where my great grandfather Maki came from. I hope to one day visit Te Rangiahua Marae where I believe my grandfather has a strong affiliation.

Nahaku noa

Tamaterangi

Posted : 27 April, 2007 10:30 pm
Tamaterangi OWC
(@tamaterangi-owc)

Oops! The name of the Marae is Te Poho o Tamaterangi, and Rangiahua is the name of the area.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2007 10:52 pm
fedwa003 OWC
(@fedwa003-owc)

quote:

Tena ra koutou o te whanau Ruawai. Greetings everyone I am looking for anyone from the Ruawai whanau that belong to Te Rangiahua Marae, in the Waiau valley, or further a field. My grandfather was Tetuhera (James)Ruawai, his father was Maki Ruawai, and his mother was Haromi Te Aare.

He gave me the name Tamaterangi, which I believe belonged to Chief Tamaterangi of Ngai Tamaterangi?? I would very much like to make contact with any of my grandfathers whanau (Ruawai)who can shed some light as to where my great grandfather Maki came from. I hope to one day visit Te Rangiahua Marae where I believe my grandfather has a strong affiliation.

Nahaku noa

Tamaterangi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 February, 2008 10:18 pm
Share: