Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

RUAWHARE, Hana Whioke: Help with my whakapapa  

RSS
Hunz81 OWC
(@hunz81-owc)

Just trying to fill in some gaps that i could probably get off my mum or my aunties and uncles, but prefer to research it on the net. I also want to hear from the rest of the Ruawhare clang. My papa's name is Peneamane (Ben)Ruawhare, my mum's name is Mihi Talbot nee Ruawhare and my name is Hana Whioke nee Ruawhare. I want to hear from my papa's brother's and sisters kids. I'm named after my papa's sister Hana and she married a Wihongi from Kaikohe. I would diffinetly like to hear from anyone in her family as she was my papa's closest sister and the one he named me after.

Thanks for your help in my search, hope to hear from someone soon...

Posted : 18 November, 2005 2:57 am
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora Hana!
A friend of mine moved to Hawera from Whangarei her mothers name is Hana Ruawhare her name being Rewa I am sure you are related to her or possibly know at least. Her Pops passed away this year very sad for her and her sister Maata. I can give you her contact details but have to ask her first! I will email you a contact number when i do!
I hope this is helpful to you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 December, 2005 7:41 am
Hunz81 OWC
(@hunz81-owc)

Kia ora Kaye for that, i don't remember a Rewa or Maata but i do know of a Hana Ruawhare she is married to a Bill Ruawhare and they have a daughter also named Hana but i'm not sure of the rest of her siblings. But i would love to get in contact with Rewa or even Maata just to see where we're related. Thank you for your info, hope to hear back soon...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 December, 2005 12:38 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Did Mihi marry a Talbot?
I know the Talbot name I think.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 December, 2005 7:59 am
Hunz81 OWC
(@hunz81-owc)

Yes my mum married Cyril Talbot from Auckland, where he still lives. I know some Hohaia's too from Kaikohe do you know them?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 December, 2005 12:48 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

I helped a woman earlier this year looking for her ancestor from Nga Puhi. Her dad was a Talbot also. Somewhere through the generations, they changed their name from "Tarapata" to the english equivalent of "Talbot". We traced her father's ancestors back to Eru Patuone and Tamati Waaka Nene's sister, Tari Tapua.
Yes! Most likely I'm related to the Hohaia whanau from Kaikohe. My paternal great grandmother was a Hohaia originally from Hokianga.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 December, 2005 3:39 am
tearoha OWC
(@tearoha-owc)

kia ora hana this is rewa ruawhare from hawera sth taranaki.i am one of nine.ben ruawhare in kaikohe is a nanny 2 us.tearoha is my niece frm manurewa auckland she is the 4th generation.there are many ruawhare around and we are still meeting them.do u no uncle allan ruawhare i meet him in kaikohe at nanny bens at the ruawhare reunion held in 1984-1985.our home stead is in whangarei.if u want more info email tearoha an she will pass on ph numbas an adress.kakite.rewa an whanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 December, 2005 10:58 am
Hunz81 OWC
(@hunz81-owc)

Kia ora Rewa,
yes i do know uncle Allan he's my mums brother, and Ben Ruawhare(or Peneamane Ruawhare) is my papa. I don't really remember the runion as i would have only been 3yrs old, but i was there. What side of the Ruawhare's do you come from, is your grandparent one of papa's(Ben) brothers or sisters?
I have an uncle Bill Ruawhare who lives in Whangarei or used too i'm not to sure. He used to always come over to my papa's homestead nearly every weeked to bring my papa's newspaper for the horses, and to place a bet for him. I think uncle Bill is from papa's sisters whanau. I'm more or less looking for my papa's brothers or sisters tamariki's just wanting to know who they are, i probably could get most info off my mum or aunty diane or any of my aunties or uncles, but its better searching for it yourself coz you never know who you might bump into...
But thank you for your little bit of info, did you or your family come to my papa's tangi in 1990?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 December, 2005 4:45 am
LEEANNE OWC
(@leeanne-owc)

Kia Ora. My name is Leeanne Martin(nee Ruawhare), my fathers name is James Melvin Ruawhare, and his fathers name is Peneamene Ruawhare. I too would like to find out information about other Ruawhare whanau. My father has a brother called Chester. Not too sure if this is the same Peneamene but would surely be interested in finding out. Look forward to hearing from you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 April, 2007 8:38 pm
Sharvay Paparoa OWC
(@sharvay-paparoa-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora. My name is Leeanne Martin(nee Ruawhare), my fathers name is James Melvin Ruawhare, and his fathers name is Peneamene Ruawhare. I too would like to find out information about other Ruawhare whanau. My father has a brother called Chester. Not too sure if this is the same Peneamene but would surely be interested in finding out. Look forward to hearing from you.

Leannne you can give me a call if you wish to find out about Dads family or him like I told you once before either a disappointment or maybe some answers to your questions. Hes been dead for a while now dont live on dreams we didnt lifes too short.
bren

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 May, 2007 8:16 pm
LEEANNE OWC
(@leeanne-owc)

Hi Bren, long time no hear. I posted the above heading to see if the person/s they were talking about were one and the same. Of course I know I can contact you but it seems to be on your terms when you respond,talking to other Ruawhare whanau is a good thing hence the reason for me joining here. Your knowledge of dad and my memories of dad are totally different, mine I will hold onto. Lee

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 May, 2007 10:09 pm
DrBenjaminPittman OWC
(@drbenjaminpittman-owc)

Check my website: http://www.patuone.com

There is a lot of useful tatai there. Patuone is my great-great grandfather. His sister Tari married The Wharerahi and their uri are on my site. There is a lot of confusion about this. I am trying to correct it all.

Benjamin
=================
Dr Benjamin Pittman
Site Administrator, Patuone.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 January, 2008 2:19 pm
Share: