Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

SLADE, Waina: Whanau reasearch  

wesette OWC
(@wesette-owc)

Kia ora peoples,
I am trying to find out about my whanau but dont have alot of information,all i know is that my great grandmothers name may have been Waina slade and she met my great grandfather Robert Francis Collins in russel,he was a american whailer.
I do not know if she was from this area but if anyone out there knows where the slade whanau name comes from i would love to hear from you.
Kia Ora tatou
wesette

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 December, 2004 9:22 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora wesette,

If you go to http://www.familysearch.org/ and do a surname search for Slade, setting the country to New Zealand then alot of Slade whanau will come up in the Norhtland area. As you would be more familiar with dates and other names in the whanau you may be able to glean what you are looking for from the information there.

Note, the info dates, etc may not be accurate, but it is a great place to start

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 December, 2004 5:32 pm
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

Kia ora peoples,
I am trying to find out about my whanau but dont have alot of information,all i know is that my great grandmothers name may have been Waina slade and she met my great grandfather Robert Francis Collins in russel,he was a american whailer.
I do not know if she was from this area but if anyone out there knows where the slade whanau name comes from i would love to hear from you.
Kia Ora tatou
wesette

Kia ora
My sister in law mother was a slade and the Slade family live just up the road from me. The slade family that I know are from Kaeo. Send a post if you would like to find out more information as I can ask around.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 August, 2005 4:31 pm
gran-pa OWC
(@gran-pa-owc)

kia ora
My mother in law was a Slade before she married.She has a bit of Whakapapa about the Slade side so send a post of what you're looking for and I'll find out some info for you.
ka kite

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 June, 2007 5:46 pm
huriepbo@hotmail.com OWC
(@huriepbohotmail-com-owc)

Kia ora ehoa.
You could try looking around the Hokianga/Panguru/Rangi Point area. There are some buried in our urupa at Rangi Point at Te Ripeka, Waiparera.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 January, 2008 4:09 pm

Working

Please Login or Register