Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

SMITH, Taylor Mia (Auahi or Owaihi)  

Kate OWC
(@kate-owc)

Hi my name is Kate and I live in Melbourne, Aust. Sorry to say I'm not up to date with the Maori Lingo as I've been raised Aussie. I'm looking for any relations to my biological father who passed away July 4th 2004. I believe at one time Taylor lived in Massey Rd, Mangere East. Sadly now buried in Nuhaka. I think he has a sister Michelle and had a brother who has also passed on. I would like to find out about my Maori background and now that Taylor has passed on fear that this search will come to a grounding halt. My search is not to intentionally upset any family that is out there but hopefully you could share your memories of the man I never knew.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 February, 2005 6:48 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Kate,

If you go to http://www.whitepages.co.nz and put smith in tha name, Nukaha in the location and Hawkes Bay in the region, you will get 5 Smiths. Maybe you could contact them.

Let us know how you get on

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 05 2005 4:24:30 PM

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 March, 2005 4:18 pm
Kate OWC
(@kate-owc)

Kia ora Poutokomanawa,

Thanks for the help will certainly look into that, will let you know how I go. Thanks again!

Kate

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 March, 2005 3:46 pm
Army Brat OWC
(@army-brat-owc)

Kia ora Kate,

My paternal grandmother was a Smith from Nuhaka. Do you have anymore details i.e. your fathers date of birth and the names of his mother and father. I am looking through my family records but his name doesn't appear. He could possibly come from another branch of our Smith family. Anyway, we are having a Smith Reunion December 2007 in Nihaka I could make inquiries there for you or check the Nuhaka cemetaries for further details etc.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 July, 2007 2:56 pm
DDD OWC
(@ddd-owc)

Kia ora Kate

i was saddened to read your post as I worked with taylor for a number of years in rotorua. I did not know he had passed away. Most saddened, he was a most excellent man in all my dealings with him

kia ora
DDD

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 July, 2007 4:46 pm

Working

Please Login or Register