Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

STEPICH, Rihi  

RSS
AllyKat OWC
(@allykat-owc)

I am looking for any information regarding my grandmothers whanau.
Rihi married 2x, her first being to Mei Hare Mete from Waimononi and Wipaki Ihaka from Dargaville. She was apparently adopted out and raised by the Matthew whanau but I don't know where from. I know my grandmother has links to Victoria Valley and Waima, but I don't know how. She used to mention the name Pewi Hoori a lot but I do not know what the connection is. All I know is this person was a close relative, maybe parent or grandparent to her. Please help if you can. Thank you

Posted : 27 October, 2005 5:32 pm
mabelle OWC
(@mabelle-owc)

Tena koe,
ko maungatautari toku maunga
ko waikato toku awa
ko tainui toku waka
ko ngati haua toku hapu
ko rukumoana toku marae
ko werewere toku whare tupuna
ko te paki o matariki toku whare karakia
ko wiremu tamihana tarapipipi te waharoa te tangata

this is my mother's pepeha, her maiden name was Hamiora/samuel/s, they are known by all 3 variations of the name. a good sized whanau (19 brothers and sisters), i to have been told that the name is from the coast( matakana island way?), as it is not a whanau name from that rohe (morrinsville). hope it helps. happy hunting.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2006 10:25 pm
mabelle dennison OWC
(@mabelle-dennison-owc)

arohamai, new member who hit the wrong button, this was meant to help another's query
good luck
m Dennison

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 November, 2006 9:19 am
Share: