Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Still searching  

RSS
mereanna OWC
(@mereanna-owc)

Hi

Havent posted for a spell but am still looking for my g/dads whanau. G/dad David Pearson(Piahana)is from Paeroa and my nan Ade Herewini is from Torere.

Can anyone help please

Sincere

Posted : 24 January, 2007 11:55 am
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Hi

Havent posted for a spell but am still looking for my g/dads whanau. G/dad David Pearson(Piahana)is from Paeroa and my nan Ade Herewini is from Torere.

Can anyone help please

Sincere

Kia ora Mereanna,

Found this. Would this by any chance be your grandfather?

You searched for: david pearson
4 block(s) found.
http://www.maorilandonline.govt.nz/mlol/searchresults.jsp?firstName=david&lastName=pearson&submitOwner=Search&trustName=&blockName=&district=

You searched for: david piahana - No data found
You searched for: ade herewini - No data found.
You searched for: ade pearson - No data found.

If you koro is not with us anymore then his land shares need to be succeeded too?
Here is some information on succession!
http://www.justice.govt.nz/maorilandcourt/succession.htm

Unclaimed land monies for PEARSON whanau.
Waikato-Maniapoto 1461217-00 May Kauhou-Pearson $ 380.63

Unclaimed land monies for HEREWINI whanau.
Waiariki 1655795-00 Graham Herewini $ 525.55
Taitokerau 1834161-00 Ihaka Herewini $ 662.73
Aotea 1742637-00 Kevin Herewini $ 594.96
Waikato-Maniapoto 1447337-00 Kirimako Herewini $ 922.61
Waikato-Maniapoto 1459130-00 Lulu Herewini $ 302.51
Aotea 1751412-00 McCarthy Christopher Herewini $ 456.70
Waiariki 1675590-00 Mihinui Herewini $ 639.01
Waiariki 1649302-00 Moana Herewini $ 401.21
Waikato-Maniapoto 1457594-00 Patara Herewini $ 488.59
Waikato-Maniapoto 1420627-00 Peepe Herewini $ 303.96
Taitokerau 1819480-00 Thelma Herewini $ 947.48

Usually where there is land then usually that is where your tupuna are from?
Or that is your TURANGAWAEWAE!.

Will get back to you.
Hope this is of some use.
Arohamai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 January, 2007 8:35 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Hi

Can anyone help please

Sincere

Kia ora ano Mereanna,

Try a google search on your whanau names, eg: herewini. Type the name in the google search box and click on go and do that for pearson too!

Then try their full name in the google search box, see what you come up with?

Could be some of your whanau in their!

Hope this helps.
Arohamai.

Edited by - Ira on Jan 24 2007 9:36:47 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 January, 2007 9:28 pm
mereanna OWC
(@mereanna-owc)

Kia Ora Ira

Thank you so much for your "no stone unturned" approach helpfulness. Your a blessing.

Sincere

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 January, 2007 12:33 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia Ora Ira

Thank you so much for your "no stone unturned" approach helpfulness. Your a blessing.

Sincere

Kia ora Mereanna,

Contacted Maori Land Court and have got succession papers for the maori land for David Pearson.

David Pearson succeeded his land shares from Tane Toru TANE.

This is an extract from a copy of the succession paper for David Pearson. Not sure if it’s the same David Pearson you are searching for.

72 SI 35 - 72 is the minute book number, SI is the South Island and 35 is the page number. Most of this stuff back in the 18-1900’s were handwritten and some of the handwriting is unreadable.

Tane Toru TANE [deceased].
Mavis Masiutamia swore deceased was her father he died 14/11/1985, she was present at his funeral. My mother Raiha died [can’t read the month she died] but the 10th, 1963, married only once.

Children:
1.. Oliver Tane [md]
2.. Leonora or Leonara Bryant [fd]
3.. Mavis Masiutamia.

No other children known, no will left.

No 1 [Oliver Tane] left:
Olive WOLFGRAMM. [fa]
Roxanne PETERS. [fa]
Pila WATI. [fa]
Doreen SAVAGE. [fa]
Maressa TANE. [fa]
Betty TANE [as above] ?
Jacqueline TANE [as above] ?

No 2 [Leonora or Leonara BRYANT] left,
Manuel BRYANT [unknown] [ma]
Josephine PEARSON. [fa].
Karen PEARSON. [fa].
Barbara PEARSON. [fa].
David PEARSON [m].

Will you send me a private email and I will scan these documents and send them to you via private email to ira1956@hotmail.com.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 March, 2007 4:19 am
waimapu1 OWC
(@waimapu1-owc)

kia ora da tane r frm manurewa and da masiutamas frm papakura i know them well roxanne peters married my uncle jackie peters i will be going home in a couple of weeks i can ask aunty about this if u want because her mum nanny sue is stil alive so she probably knows something mavis passed away a few years ago but will contact aunty for u she has a phone number but i have 2 ring up for it she also has a sister who lives in campbelltown but i dont know her that well so i will get bac 2 u soon ka keets

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 March, 2007 9:01 am
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

kia ora da tane r frm manurewa and da masiutamas frm papakura i know them well roxanne peters married my uncle jackie peters i will be going home in a couple of weeks i can ask aunty about this if u want because her mum nanny sue is stil alive so she probably knows something mavis passed away a few years ago but will contact aunty for u she has a phone number but i have 2 ring up for it she also has a sister who lives in campbelltown but i dont know her that well so i will get bac 2 u soon ka keets

Kia ora waimapu1,

I'm sure Mereanna would be most appreciative of any information that you can assist her with.

Noho ora mai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 April, 2007 4:11 pm
Share: