Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

STOTHERS, Elizabeth Ellen: nee KEREAMA / GRAHAM: Whanau search  

lizzy OWC
(@lizzy-owc)

Kia Ora Koutou,
I'm trying to find out information on my paternal grandmother.
Her name is Elizabeth Ellen Stothers (nee Kereama/Graham).
She was married before, her married name then was Hamilton.
The only information we have is that she is of English/Ngapuhi descent, we don't know which part of Northland she is from.
The only other piece of information we have is that her fathers' name was Matiu Kereama, him and his father were among the first to pull native logs out of the bush with the bullocks.

If anyone is able to help in anyway this would be much appreciated.

Thanks Lizzy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 October, 2004 11:00 pm
artecwoman OWC
(@artecwoman-owc)

Kia Ora koe Lizzy

All I have to say is keep on searching and asking,e-mailing anything
but dont give up you keep doing what you are doing now.
Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawa nui.

Na Inu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 November, 2004 3:19 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora lizzy

There is another post [url="http://www.maori.org.nz/papa_panui/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=54&FORUM_ID=3&CAT_ID=2&Forum_Title=Tracing+Tupuna+%28Ancestors%29&Topic_Title=waata+kereama&whichpage=1&tmp=1#pid193"]here[/url] at the Papa Panui for the Kereama whanau, so maybe if you contact the author you may be able to find out something.

Good Luck!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2004 3:46 am
wahine_maori69 OWC
(@wahine_maori69-owc)

Kia ora Koe Lizzy,

I am an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I a descendant of Otene Kereama (Graham). My great grandmother is Haringaroa Kereama and she was born in Parawera (between Kihikihi and Putaruru in the Waikato) I also have a cousin who is married to a Kereama from Parawera, if you want to know more then email me.....wahine_maori69@hotmail.com.

My name is Sonia Smith (Clarke maiden name)

Hei Konei ra

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2004 12:14 pm
SIENNA OWC
(@sienna-owc)

Kia ora Lizzie,
Our grand-mother actually lived at Bastion Point. She was born at Ahipara, which is out of Kaitaia, up North, and uncle Matt, granny's brother lived at Whangape which is also up north. You ma yge tmore information about our Kereama whanau through Te Rarawa Iwi Authority.
Kia Kaha Kia Manawa,
Cuzzy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2005 2:14 pm
kamol OWC
(@kamol-owc)

Kia ora
my granddad's name is Kerehoma from Ahipara, and my grandmother's maiden name is Rewiti from Orakei - Bastion Point

Kamol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 April, 2005 8:39 pm
manu_tekowhai@hotmail.com OWC
(@manu_tekowhaihotmail-com-owc)

Kia ora Kamol,
I am unsure of my great-grandmother.s name but my great-grandfather was Tuwhangai Kerehoma /Graham, an dany help you can giv eme will be appreciated.

Naku noa na

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 November, 2005 4:07 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Mohi Te Peke = Katarina Te Tuatahi
|
Kerehama Te Peke = Hinehau Te Maru
|
|-Hohi Kereama
|-Erueti Kereama
|-Te Manoko Kereama
|-Rarihi Kereama
|-Mita Kereama

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 November, 2005 9:47 pm
Viv OWC
(@viv-owc)

Hi Lizzy

The info you have is nearly right. She the 3rd child of 11 children.
I have put her fathers information in my whanau file so to save me re-typing it here , have a look. She married twice- 1st to Thomas HAMILTON (No children), then Elvin(Bert) STOTHERS and had 11 children to Bert.
I have been researching our whakapapa for the past 8 years and am still working on it.
Her sister Mary who has been mentioned in another notice was the 5th child and she did not live up north as thought by the person who put the notice up but lived and died in Pukekohe. She married a chinese man and became Mary YATE not YATES!!! She was my Grandmother.
Feel free to contact me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 November, 2005 5:11 pm

We are definitely on the right track but the number of children seem to be different. Hope you got my personal e-mail.

I definitely go along with Hohaia's quote; A Family Tree Can Wither If Nobody Tends Its Roots.
Arohanui.
and God Bless

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 November, 2005 7:33 pm

We are definitely on the right track but the number of children seem to be different. Hope you got my personal e-mail.

I definitely go along with Hohaia's quote; A Family Tree Can Wither If Nobody Tends Its Roots.
Arohanui.
and God Bless

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 November, 2005 7:33 pm
Viv OWC
(@viv-owc)

Hi Lizzy

You will find more information I have just posted on MAu-Tekowhai's forum column that will fill in some gaps.
I have a copy of a print out of The GRAHAM's whakapapa that is 8 generations long with info that My mothers cousin - Maurice has found and that I have updated with the info I know and have found. I would be happy to share this with you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 November, 2005 11:21 am

Working

Please Login or Register